January 1, 2016

Happy 2016! Blog sale coming soon, YouTube plans, and other updates!

Hello, Beautiful!

Happy 2016 to you! Welcome back to all my followers, and welcome to all my new ones. I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you for all the support over the years that I've blogged, especially over the past two years where my life has taken a major course change and I've had trouble keeping up with everything, including this blog. Instagram is so much easier to keep up with and doesn't require everything that goes into blogging, which is why some might wonder how I'm able to post daily there but maybe only post a blog post here a few times a month.

I'd love to get back into daily blogging, but I'm not sure I'll ever get to that point again. I've been really focused at my work, and I've fallen in love with what I get to do for a living. I'm the marketing coordinator at Valley Green Naturals - but it goes far beyond just marketing. I'm kind of a do-it-all and do-whatever-is-needed type of person and I love it. I mean, truly for the first time I really love my job. I seem to even work when I'm not on the clock, and it's not because I have to but because I want to. I'm trying to be better about turning off my work brain when I get home, but when you love your job it becomes hard to do that.

However, even with as busy as my schedule tends to be, my goal for 2016 is to try and be regular with blogging again. I even want to start a YouTube channel! I know I've mentioned that in the past, and I actually have a channel but haven't uploaded a video in years. I need to actually pull out the camera and just do it. I'm probably going to start a YouTube channel for my work too, so maybe if I do that, I'll be more inclined to do videos for my blog too. I'm not making any promises though, it can be tough to keep up with just day-to-day life things (like laundry, taking care of my great dane, and most importantly, taking care of my almost 11 year old son), but I can try, right?! You're damn right I can!

So my next blog sale....

I constantly get emails, DM's through Instagram, comments, etc. that ask when my next blog sale will be. I always say "I'm not sure, but soon" because I've gotten into a habit of clearing out my makeup collection around 2 to 3 times a year. The last blog sale I had (back in the summer), was pretty big and I purged literally thousands of items. I didn't think it would be possible to purge my makeup again anytime soon, but I think I actually can. I started to pull items and combined with the few items left over from my last blog sale, I think I will be able to launch this one with a great selection -- and as always, great prices!

But of course, I'm not sure WHEN it will launch. Just know that I am in a major - and I mean MAJOR - purging mood with everything in my life. It's been a cycle I've been going through for at least the past month or two and I'm able to let go of items easier than ever now. I'm going to be selling a bunch of things - not just makeup - and the little things that are easy to ship, like makeup, nail polish, hair stuff, jewelry, and maybe even clothes, I want to try and list all together in the same blog sale (to help save on shipping for anyone interested).

So really, the next blog sale will include more than just makeup! And I'm going to offer UPS shipping because of that, which breaks my standard USPS only rule. It still will be open only to those in the United States, and I know that frustrates a lot of my followers out of the country, but honestly, international shipping costs are outrageous and would make buying the items completely not worth it.

Anyway, enough rambling... time for me to get back to purging my items and figuring out what I can let go of in 2016 and gain some cash to pay bills!


Happy 2016 everyone! Make it a memorable one!

xoxo with love & beauty,

Crystal Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)