October 18, 2015

Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow - 4 shades - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I was really excited to try some Catrice products once Ulta started carrying them. I picked up a few things, and the Liquid Metal Eyeshadows were on the top of my list. I picked up four shades (they were buy one get one 50% off).

Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow Info & Review
Cost: $4.99 (0.11 oz full size)
Availability: Available at Ulta.
My Rating:  3.5 out of 5 Kisses

INFO & CLAIMS...

Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows have high pigmentation for an extraordinary metal shine. The silky powder with a chrome effect is reminiscent of liquid metal. Its innovative texture with maximum pigmentation and intense color-dispersion is sure to make the eyes shine instantly. The unique 3D embossment turns this eyeshadow into an absolute highlight - for every day, every mood, every style.


Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow
Shades: 090 Nougat It Right, 030 We Are The Champagnes, 040 Under Treasure, 080 Mauves Like Jagger
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.



These look so beautiful in the pan!!


Here are all four shades swatched....
From left to right: 090 Nougat It Right, 030 We Are The Champagnes, 040 Under Treasure, 080 Mauves Like Jagger


_____________________________________________________________
Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow
Shade: 090 Nougat It Right







_____________________________________________________________
Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow
Shade: 030 We Are The Champagnes







_____________________________________________________________
Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow
Shade: 040 Under Treasure






_____________________________________________________________
Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow
Shade: 080 Mauves Like Jagger







FINAL THOUGHTS...

I really love shine on my eyes, whether it be sparkle or metallic, so I was really excited to get these. They look so, so, so pretty in the pans so I had really high hopes for how they would swatch and look on the eyes.

While I do think they have nice pigmentation, a good texture and pretty shades, I have to say that I wasn't impressed with the shine part. The claims of high pigmentation and shine just don't seem like an accurate description.

Don't get me wrong, the pigmentation is good, but it's not insane. And the shine is nothing special or out of this world. There is a metallic feel to these, but you really have to catch the light to get them to shine pretty - otherwise they really aren't very special.

I recently purged a bunch of single shadows because I reach for palettes more, but if it's a special shadow I have no problem with them being sold as singles. These Liquid Metal Shadows just aren't that special to me. I know a lot of people love these, but I was just expecting a lot more shine from them and maybe that's why I feel so disappointed in them.

Don't get me wrong, I still think these are good and I've used them several times, but I don't get excited about them like I thought I would.

Additionally, that shine that is in the pan disappears after you swatch/use it. It is an over spray, but the product underneath is still good... just not as pretty as that first swatch/use will be.

Maybe I just have been spoiled by some other really fantastic shadows and had too high of expectations, because I know these are well loved by many people.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these eyeshadows? Have you tried them, or would you consider adding them to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below!

xoxo with love & beauty,
Crystal Valentine

3 comments:

  1. Tengo un par de esta línea y en mojado son increíbles!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are gorgeous in their pans, but just don't show up enough for me to want to purchase them. I am in love with Mauves Like Jaggar-I just wish there was more oomph! Great review as always!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)