August 19, 2014

BoxyCharm - August 2014: value break-down, pics, swatches, mini reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my August 2014 BoxyCharm! Yes, I finally jumped on the BoxyCharm train, and I have to say I've wanted to join BoxyCharm for months now but don't know why I haven't. The preview for this month said you'd get one of two full sized bronzers, and also a Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen (which I really wanted). The value of those two items alone is worth the whole box and then some. Check out everything in my box below! I was so happy with my BoxyCharm!

BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription service where you receive a box filled with FULL SIZE and luxury size beauty samples from a variety of brands - including well known high end brands! The amount of items varies month to month, but it's usually between 5 and 7 items per month. The cost of BoxyCharm is $21 a month with free shipping.

If you want to sign up for BoxyCharm just click here or follow the link below (it's my referral link). Sign-up link: https://www.boxycharm.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/10912/


August 2014 BoxyCharm





Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's BoxyCharm: $111.99 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of FULL SIZED items: 5
  • # of makeup items: 4
  • # of beauty tools/brushes: 1
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of skin care items: 0
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0

Now I'll talk about each product...

Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen
Shade: Showroom

 




  • MY THOUGHTS: I was most excited to get this product in my box; it was one of the preview items and the reason I joined this month. Keep in mind my lips are EXTREMELY chapped and dry right now (thanks to a weekend full of drinking and traveling for work - and yes, I drink as part of my job). I need to replenish my body with water this week, but until then my lips are really dry. This product didn't feel as conditioning as I had hoped for. Maybe it would feel better if my lips were in a more normal state. Aside from the feeling, the color wasn't my cup of tea. It's just a bit too light for me, which is ashame because I LOVE the packaging. It's such a nice weighty luxe packaging. Too bad the shade was the biggest let down for me. Maybe I can wear it under glosses. We shall see. 
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $22.00


Model Co. Cheek + Lips Tint
Shade: Rosy Red

 

 



  • MY THOUGHTS: I wish this product was actually the color that the tube is and not the actual color it is. It's pretty but doesn't really show up on my lips unless I really layer it on. It also highlights every dry flake and patch possible. It goes on feeling like a smooth watery gel but after it sets it kind of feels a bit drying, so top with a lip balm for sure! I'm not into cheek tints, so this would only be used on my lips.. and I'm not sure how often I'll reach for it.
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $22.00


Morphe Brushes Powder Brush




  • MY THOUGHTS: I have wanted to try Morphe Brushes for awhile now, so I was excited to see one in this box! It's a great brush to use for setting powder, blush, and all-over bronzer. Really soft and feels nice on the face. Really happy about this one!
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $19.99


OFRA Americano Bronzer
 



  • MY THOUGHTS: This packaging is as generic as you can get. No label or brand or name on the top of the packaging, and just a sticker on the bottom. But I don't really care as long as the product is great, and unfortunately, this isn't a great product.... at least not for me. First, the color leans a bit orange and it has SPARKLES. Not a shimmer, but straight up sparkles. I've never been into shimmery bronzers much, but a bronzer with sparkles is a huge no-no for me. On top of that, the texture of the powder feels a bit dry - which is funny that I noted that, because in my August Wantable Makeup Box I received an OFRA 3D Loose Shadow and I noted the texture on that one felt dry as well. So far I haven't gotten the best impression of OFRA Cosmetics. I really hope I can find something in their line that I absolutely love. Would I pay $35 for this bronzer? Hell no!
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $35.00


OFRA Eyeliner
Shade: Black



  • MY THOUGHTS: This is just your standard black pencil eyeliner. It goes on smooth - not overly creamy but not dry. Nothing special or stand out about it. 
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $13.00



My Thoughts On The Entire Box...
  • VALUE: The value was approximately $111.99
  • USAGE: I will use the Morphe brushe, and try to make use of the Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen. I may use the Model Co. Lip + Cheek Tint but honestly I doubt I'll reach for it often. The OFRA eyeliner will get used when I need a black pencil, but the OFRA Bronzer won't be touched by me. 
  • FINAL THOUGHTS: I was so excited to get my first BoxyCharm, especially with the Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen. And at a first glance I thought I had an amazing box. After taking the time to try the products I find that really only the Morphe Brush is going to be well used, and possibly the Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen. Everything else was eh. The value is amazing - you pay $21 and I received basically $112 worth of items. I know BoxyCharm offers some of the best box months I've ever seen, so I'm sticking with it for awhile and I can't wait to see what my September BoxyCharm brings!

Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Boxy Charm this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? If you don't receive a Boxy Charm box yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)