June 19, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette 2 - pics, swatches & mini review!

Hello, Beautiful!

For whatever reason I never purchased the original Lorac Pro Palette; with all the neutral palettes I already own it seemed to be another one I didn't need (but did want - and may still buy it). Yet, when the Lorac Pro Palette 2 came out, I couldn't wait to get it. AND I do love the palette. Great quality shadows, amazing pigmentation too. The palette includes 16 shades; 8 mattes and 8 shimmer/satin finishes. My favorite is for sure Chrome - it's my idea of a perfect all-over lid shade for a sultry eye. Plus you can play that shade up or down depending on what other shades in the palette you use with it (and placement of it).

I haven't had this palette long, but I can tell this will be well used. Check out all the product info, along with a mini review, after the pics!

Lorac Pro Palette 2
Shades: Buff, Lt. Brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, Black, Snow, Beige, Rose, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, Cocoa
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
















Lorac Pro Palette 2 Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $42.00 (for palette - 0.32oz - and mini primer 0.19 oz). Exclusively available at Ulta for right now, then also eventually on the Lorac website and everywhere else Lorac is sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses (so far!)

Product Info...

Go pro with the Lorac Pro Palette 2! The sequel to their original, best-selling Pro Palette and created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this Pro artistry palette is packed with 8 shimmer and 8 matte eye shadows in all the cool shades you need to create the hottest look straight from the red carpet. Lorac's velvety-smooth shadows are infused soothing botanicals and are ultra-pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a pro.

Contains 16 eyeshadows and a mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer for stay-true color that lasts, a pro must-have! Valued at $111



My Review...

I still need to play around with this palette, so this will only be a mini review --- more of a first impressions. The textures are wonderful - both the matte and shimmers!

I initially wasn't going to get this palette because the plum, navy and green shades are not my thing - but they're actually very beautiful in person and although I may not work with them much (if ever - in particular the green shade, Jade), the rest of the colors in the palette more than make up for the one to three shades I may never use. So far, I'm in love with the Chrome shade!

I figured out a favorite combo so far from this palette....

I use Chrome all over my lid, then use Cool Gray in the crease with Buff as a brow bone shade blending down and blending out the crease shade edges. Then I take Black and apply that on the outer top lash line, just enough to smoke that outer corner out a bit. I use Beige as an inner corner highlight. Then all I did was add some liquid liner, mascara and I was done! I fell in love with the combo because it really is my style of an everyday eye. I know a lot of people like to wear more of beige or champagne shades as an "everyday" eye, but Chrome is my lover of this palette!

I plan to use it as much as possible over the next two weeks to see how many looks I can come up with using just these shadows, and then incorporating shadows from other palettes and brands. I'm sure these would look stunning with some Tarina Tarantino glitters on top!

I'll maybe do some updated posts/looks on Instagram - so follow me there. My Instagram name is ValentineKissesBeauty


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this palette? Did you get this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Ican't wait to see it in Spain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, can you compare it to the It cosmetics pallete?

    Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KmoRakefet: Which It Cosmetics palette? I only have the Luxe High Performance Eye Shadow Palette (the first one they came out with) and not the newer Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)