March 11, 2014

Butter London Lippy Tinted Balm in Teddy Boy - pics, swatches, review!

Hello, Beautiful!

I'm not the biggest fan of Butter London makeup - I love their polishes, but some of their makeup has been hit or miss with me. However, one product that I really do enjoy is their LIPPY Tinted Balms! I've already reviewed one, in the shade Axis Kiss - which is a great everyday shade. I have another gorgeous shade, which is new to their line, called Teddy Boy. This is another great everyday shade; not as bright as Axis Kiss, but still equally as everyday. Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

Butter London LIPPY Tinted Balm
Shade: Teddy Boy



















Butter London LIPPY Tinted Balm Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $20.00 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the Butter London website, at Ulta, at Dermstore (they didn't have the new collection on their website at the time I wrote this post), and everywhere else Butter London is sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

LIPPY Tinted Balm has the moisture of a lip balm, with the finish and color of a lipstick. Hydrating formula rich in avocado, mango see, cocoa and shea butter, with a cream texture. Highly wearable sheer shades with a formula that glides on with ease. Buildable color.

The collection of LIPPY Tinted Balms now includes a total of nine shades, with their addition of their three new spring shades: Teddy Boy, Nutter, and Mush. Below are all shades and their shade descriptions, starting with the new Spring 2014 shades.
  • Teddy Boy: medium coverage rosy creme
  • Nutter: a medium coverage beige creme
  • Mush: a medium coverage coral creme
  • Axis Kiss: medium coverage punchy pink creme
  • Abbey Rose: medium coverage rose creme
  • Apricot Sunray: medium coverage coral creme
  • Black Cherry: medium coverage wine creme
  • Strawberry Field: medium coverage red creme
  • Toasted Marshmallow: medium coverage nude creme


My Review...

Teddy Boy is described as a medium coverage rosy creme, which has an almost exact description as Abbey Rose. Without owning Abbey Rose, it looks as though it may be deeper in tone than Teddy Boy - but again, just based on looks from their website. To me, Teddy Boy is a rosey brown "your lips but better shade". It's certainly not brown, but it pulls a bit more neutral in tone, if that makes any sense. Sticking with the same shade description, the new shade Mush has the same shade description as Apricot Sunray. And again, without owning either (just by looking on the website), the new shade Mush seems a bit softer in tone than Apricot Sunray.

And of course, as with all Butter London names, they always include a description of what the shade name means. The description of Teddy Boy is: British subculture typified by young men wearing dandy-inspired styles from the Edwardian period.

As far as formula goes, I like these. It's one of the better cosmetic items from Butter London. They go on my lips really nicely. Even though they look like a lipstick, they go on feeling like a lip balm - yet you still get color like a lipstick. They're not opaque by any means, but they aren't sheer either. It's not the most hydrating formula I've ever tried in my life, but it still feels very comfortable on my lips and didn't dry them out.

The price point is still on target with most of the Butter London cosmetics. They are $20 each, which may seem a bit steep but if it's an everyday wearable shade that you'll get your money's worth, then it's totally worth it in my opinion. Do I wish they were a bit cheaper - sure! I think they should be around the $15 mark but again, I've gotten great use out of the shade Axis Kiss and I know I'll get great use of this new shade, Teddy boy. So for me, it makes it okay to spend $20 when I'm actually using it. I can't tell you how many $5 lip balms and/or glosses/lipsticks that I've bought and worn once or twice. You add that up and it's more than the cost of one that I actually use.


Final Thoughts...

This is one of my favorite makeup products from Butter London and would actually be the product I'd recommend you start with from their lip line if you didn't try anything yet. If you like a balmy feel to your lip products then you'll love these, especially if you want some color too.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this tinted lip balm? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. This looks very delicate on lips. The formula seems promising and I love the name, but not sure about that price...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)