February 8, 2014

Mirabella Sparkle Glitter Glaze - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you've been a long time reader of my blog, then you know I am a glitter-aholic at heart. I love all things glittery and sparkly, so when I saw the Mirabella Sparkle Glitter Glaze -- well it was a no brainer; I had to try it! This product can be worn alone or over any shadow to add some glitz, sparkle and sheen! Check out all the product info below, along with my full review, after the pics!

Mirabella Sparkle Glitter Glaze




















Mirabella Sparkle Glitter Glaze Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $32.00 (0.25 oz/7g full size). Available on the Mirabella website, at the Blush.com website, and everywhere else Mirabella is sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Creamy, sparkling eye shimmer with micro glitter. Moisturizing formula is long-wearing and can be layered over power eye shadow without creasing. The sophisticated way to shimmer.

This has a soft, creamy texture that is somewhere between a cream and a mousse. When I first opened mine it looked dried out/cracked - which you'll see in one of the above photos - but once I took my finger to it, it easily went back together and was nice and soft!

Currently only available in this one shade, which happens to look gold in the jar and comes off as a golden sparkle on your eyelids. I love the shade and think it's very pretty, but would love to see more shades offered (I know I'd want them all).

Now I know a lot of you will want to talk about the price of this, so let's touch base on that quickly. The price point is kind of high, but this is something where a little will go a long way, as you'll barely need any product at all to achieve a beautiful, sparkly look. Just to compare, I have a similar product from Lise Watier - the Ombre Souffle Supreme - and that runs about $22 but for only 0.14 oz/4g -- you are getting more, at 0.25 oz/7g, with the Mirabella. The Mirabella is more on the price range of Chanel - a Chanel Illusion D'Ombre shadow is $36 for 0.14 oz/4g, but again, you are getting more product with the Mirabella. So if you're breaking it down by amount of product, then the Mirabella is actually the CHEAPER option of the three, giving you the most product for the price. Mirabella gives you the product for $4.57 a gram. Lise Watier is $5.50 a gram. Chanel is $9.00 a gram --- so if the Lise Watier and Chanel had the same amount of product in them as the Mirabella, they would cost: $38.50 for Lise Watier and $63.00 for Chanel. So just because a price point may seem higher than other products doesn't mean you're saving any money; you need to look at how much they are really giving you. If you are a true sparkle queen, like I am, then price points don't matter on a gorgeous looking product that also performs perfectly.

I get zero creasing from this, even if applied over a powder shadow! You can wear this on its own - like shown above in the photos - or over a cream base (like a Maybelline Color Tattoo or MAC Paint Pot), or over a powder shadow. You get all the sparkle and no fall out from the glitter. I'd be curious to see if this does dry out or if it will stay true to the same texture for months to come - only time will tell.

In the photos, I applied this to my bare eye lids - but trust me when I say, this looks gorgeous over almost any eyeshadow - especially darker shades like navy, black, brown and purple. It's the perfect way to add sophisticated sparkle to your eyes without any glitter fall-out all over your face. Add a touch to the inner corner or center of your lid for a pop of sparkle and sheen. Or apply all over your lid for full-out sophisticated sparkle fabulousness!

If you like sparkle, sheen or glitter - then this is a product you've got to check out! I had no complaints, other than I wish there were more shades!!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this Sparkle Glitter Glaze? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)