February 23, 2014

L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Instant Exfoliator - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Exfoliators and masks are my skin care addiction; I have too many already and I'm always ready to try more. I've had this exfoliator for awhile now but haven't really had the opportunity to put it to a good test until more recently, and I don't like to post skin care reviews until I've really had the chance to try it out. I gave the L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Instant Exfoliator about 6 weeks of consistent use (1 to 3 times a week). Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

L'Occitane Immortelle
Brightening Instant Exfoliator

 

 

 





L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Instant Exfoliator Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $36.00 (2.6 fl oz full size). Available on the L'Occitane website, at Nordstrom, on the Beauty.com website, and everywhere else L'Occitane products are sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

The L'Occitane Brightening Instant Exfoliator exfoliates the skin, for an even-toned and luminous complexion.

Its fresh gel texture transforms into a soft milk while rinsing. It combines Pure Immortelle Essential Oil to protect against impurities and for anti-aging effectiveness. Bellis Perennis Brightening Extract to make the complexion look uniform and more luminous. Vegetal Origin Exfoliation Powders to help purify and smooth, while glycerin helps preserve the skin's moisture. Skin texture appears more even and complexion looks brighter, with a youthful glow.

Contains natural micro-granules (pumice stone, cellulose) for deep exfoliating action. Skin appears more even and looks brighter, with a youthful glow. Use the exfoliator two or three times a week. Apply to dry face and neck, avoiding the eye area.

L'Occitane's Immortelle Brightening skin care line provides beauty benefits from the Mediterranean "flowers of light", Immortelle and Bellis Perennis (Daisy). Immortelle is a flower with exceptional longevity: it never fades, even after it has been picked. Its essential oil is rich in active molecules with unique anti-aging results. Bellis Perennis, better known as the daisy, yeilds a brightening extract that helps maintain and even skin tone.



STUDY:
Conduced on 26 women after 4 weeks of use:
  • Immediately after appliaction, the skin is purified, smooth and soft for 100% of those women.
  • After 4 weeks, the complexion is more even for 92% of those women.
  • After 4 weeks, the complexion is more luminous for 100% of those women.
  • After 4 weeks, wrinkle are reduced for 88% of those women.

Directions For Use: 
Use this exfoliator 2 to 3 times a week. Apply to dry face and neck, avoiding the eye area.

For best results, use the following technique:
1. Apply to face and gently massage the chin with circular movements and work outwards towards the ears.
2. Continue these circular movements on the nose, then again work outwards towards the ears.
3. Finish at the forehead, gliding your hands towards the temples.
4. Add a little water to produce a later, while continuing the massage, then rinse.


L'Occitane makes some really wonderful body products -- their Almond Shower Oil is a staple in my shower, and I'm obsessed with their entire almond line, especially their Almond Paste -- but up until recently I hadn't tried any of their face products. Like always, with almost any skin care brand, I start by trying an exfoliator or face mask. The L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Instant Exfoliator seemed like a great product to try out, and it comes with a lot of claims.

I used it for about 6 weeks on a consistent basis, using it 1 to 3 times a week. I know you're supposed to use it 2 to 3 times a week, but my schedule doesn't always allow me to do that (and I'm still using other skin care products - including other exfoliators - from time to time; it's just the way I do things, as I'm constantly trying new things and also trying to use up products).

Some of the claims are that your complexion will be more even, luminous and wrinkles reduced after 4 weeks of use - in addition to skin being purified, smooth and soft. I will say that my skin is definitely soft and smooth, but I find that to be true after most exfoliators. However, what I did love is that my skin tone does seem to be more even and slightly more luminous. I can't really speak about wrinkle reduction, as I don't have many wrinkles at the moment (I'll be 30 years old in less than 2 months), but I think any exfoliator can help with that, as removing the dead skin allows for your other skin care products (serums, treatments, moisturizers, etc.) to penetrate better, therefore working better for you.

Overall, I really liked this exfoliator. I think if you're looking for a high end/luxury exfoliator that will also even your complexion and make it more luminous (and possibly reduce wrinkles), then this is a good one to look into!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this exfoliator? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)