December 16, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Devotion Ink Quartz Eyeliner in Tiger Eye Essence - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I don't know what it is about non-black liquid eyeliners that make me want to use them all over my eyelids, but I find myself doing that more and more. In particular, I recently fell in love with the Rouge Bunny Rouge Devotion Ink Quartz Eyeliner in the shade Tiger Eye Essence. This sparkly liquid eyeliner looks great at your lash line -- or as I've been wearing it, all over the lid. Wearing it all over the lid gives you all the sparkle with no glitter fall out! Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics!

Rouge Bunny Rouge
Devotion Ink Quartz Eyeliner
Shade: 036 Tiger Eye Essence








  










Rouge Bunny Rouge Devotion Ink Quartz Eyeliner Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $28.00 to $32.43 depending where you shop (0.08 fl oz/2.5 ml full size). Available on the Rouge Bunny Rouge website (you can change your currency at the top left), and everywhere else Rouge Bunny Rouge is sold. Click here to find a retailer near you or online. For those of us in the USA, you can buy Rouge Bunny Rouge on the Beautyhabit website (it's listed as $28 on their website), on the Beauty Sage website, and on the Twisted Lily website -- but those websites don't sell all the items from the line.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

A soft, water-based formula ensures tender application. Rouge Bunny Rouge added Borosilicates, which are tiny particles of artificial quartz that fill the formula with an incredible shine and shed a coquettish lustre onto the lines ('Anthracite Essence' does not include Borosilicates).

This eyeliner allows for high coverage, dries quickly, is super long-wearing, and has excellent skin compatibility. An elegant brush means you can apply both fine thin lines and passionate wide lines. Shake well before use to wake all the ingredients up and distribute them evenly through the liquid base.

Available in four shades:
  • Tiger Eye Essence (the shade I have, and what is shown in this post)
  • Amethyst Essence
  • Anthracite Essence
  • Opalescence Essence

The shade I have, Tiger Eye Essence, is a gorgeous smokey golden bronze brown with beautiful sparkle! In face, there was no way to capture the sparkle on camera so I made a short video on my Instagram page showing the sparkle of the swatch I did. CLICK HERE to view that video or go to my Instagram page - valentinekissesbeauty - and find it there.

The other shades look gorgeous too; I think the shade Anthracite Essence looks like a great black with silver liner, where as Opalescence Essence looks like a unique and gorgeous shade on its own, while Amethyst Essence would compliment brown eyes gorgeously. Ahhh, they're all pretty!!

Rouge Bunny Rouge is a luxury line of beauty products, so the price point of this eyeliner - $32.43 in USD (currency converted on their website) or $28 on the Beautyhabit website - certainly may be a turn off for those that prefer drugstore prices. But for those that splurge, or who frequent high-end beauty shops, then this price point may be okay with you. Do I wish it was cheaper in price? Of course - because then I'd buy them all - but luxury brands come with luxury prices.

Do I think it's worth the price point? Yes, absolutely! And the reason is how it wears not just as an eyeliner, but how it wears all over my lid. I like to wear liquid liners all over my eyelid, as a liquid shadow, when they are non-black liners - especially anything shimmery/glittery. However, it can be difficult to do that with some liquid liners due to creasing, flaking, or buildability. This liner doesn't crease, flake or have any issues with building intensity. It's also easy to smudge and blend out the edges!

In the photos where I have this liner all over the lid, I used one layer of this. In person it looked great but in the close-up photos lit by studio lighting you can see where another layer would have given it even more coverage. I've worn two thin layers before and it does create more of a smokey, deeper sparkle. Love it!

I love using this as an accent eyeliner, just adding it to the outer corner of my upper lash line. It adds a pop of subtle sparkle. Take it all the way across your upper lash line if you want more of a glittery glam look. And of course, go all out and apply it all over your lid for full-on sparkle goodness; it's all the sparkle without any fall out! This also looks beautiful applied over a black liner.

This eyeliner has a flexible tip applicator -- it's not as easy to use as a felt tip liner that doesn't move, but you have more control than a brush-tip liquid liner. I still have no issues with application, but I am getting better at applying liquid liner that isn't in a felt tip applicator style.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with this liquid eyeliner - both in shade and formulation. Loved the way it looked on my eyes and would recommend this shade for sure if you want a sparkly glam liquid eyeliner, all-over-your-lid, look or just a sparkly liquid liner. If your budge allows, I'd recommend giving this liquid eyeliner a home on your lash line & eyelids!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this liquid eyeliner? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Do you wear your liquid eyeliner all over your lids? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)