October 30, 2013

Butter London LIPPY Tinted Balm in Axis Kiss - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love when I find "purse perfect" lip products; you know - products that are the perfect color to go with just about anything, are easy to apply without a mirror, and do something good/pretty to your lips. The Butter London LIPPY Tinted Balm in the shade Axis Kiss is another purse perfect lip product for me. The shade is so pretty and this feels comfortable on the lips. Read my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Butter London LIPPY Tinted Balm
Shade: Axis Kiss







 




Butter London LIPPY Tinted Balm Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $20.00 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the Butter London website, at Ulta, at Dermstore, at Macys, and everywhere else Butter London is sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

LIPPY Tinted Balm has the moisture of a lip balm and the finish & color of a lipstick. Six subtle shades highlight the glow of every skin tone, and are the ultimate beauty secret for the woman-on-the-go.

Hydrating formula rich in avocado, mango see, cocoa and shea butter with a creamy texture. Highly wearable sheer shades with a formula that glides on with ease. Buildable color.

Currently available in six shades; below are the shade names and their color descriptions:
  • Axis Kiss - Medium coverage punchy pink creme. A little smooch of rock n' roll.
  • Abbey Rose - Medium coverage rose creme. A nod to the birthplace of many rock n' roll classics.
  • Apricot Sunray - Medium coverage coral creme. Command the room in this fruity hue.
  • Black Cherry - Medium coverage wine creme. Add a little edge to innocence.
  • Strawberry Field - Medium coverage red creme. Livin' is easy with a red pout.
  • Toasted Marshmallow - Medium coverage nude creme. Around the bonfire with a rockin' 4-piece band.

I have the shade Axis Kiss, which is a great purse shade - as I mentioned and explained at the top of this blog post. It's such a flattering pink for my skintone and I think a lot of people could wear it. It gives you a touch of pink that isn't so bright that it's too much but isn't so sheer that you don't feel like you added any color - it's that perfect sheer to medium color payoff of a beautiful pink shade.

I think in the future I'd be interested in trying Abbey Rose, Apricot Sunray and Toasted Marshmallow, but for now I'm loving the shade Axis Kiss!

This went on my lips really nicely - feels like more of a lip balm rather than a lipstick - yet you get great color payoff. I don't think it's the most hydrating formula out there, but it certainly isn't drying. It comes with the typical $20 Butter London cosmetics price tag - which seems to be how much the majority of their cosmetics (non-polish) cost.

I think the shade is a home run - and based on that alone I would definitely recommend this. It has a nice formula too - but I know the $20 price tag can be a turn off to some. However, when I find a great purse shade of any lip product I don't care about the price tag - I care about the color and the performance. Let me know your thoughts!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this tinted lip balm? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)