August 24, 2013

Moody Sisters Skincare Dry Powder Shampoo & Eye Makeup Remover - pics, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tried out a couple products from the brand Moody Sisters Organic Skincare. I loved their Mocha Bean Lip Balm! In this post I'll show you two more products from their line: their Dry Powder Shampoo (which is vegan) and their Natural Eye Makeup Remover. Check out of my full review on each product, including all the product info, after each set of pics!

Moody Sisters Organic Skincare
Dry Powder Shampoo








Moody Sisters Organic Skincare Dry Powder Shampoo Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $10.95 (2 oz jar full size & puff). Available on the Moody Sisters Organic Skincare website or their Esty shop.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

The Moody Sisters Organic Skincare Dry Powder Shampoo will instantly absorb oil. Your scalp will feel and look fresh and clean. Does NOT contain chemicals, dyes, fragrances, parabens or sulfates. 

Use the included puff and dip into the powder. Tap off the excess into the lid of the tin. Apply a small amount, as needed, with the puff. Then massage into your scalp with your fingers (or a towel) to absorb oil. Brush out when finished.

This dry shampoo comes in a round tin container, which is a bit messy but is workable. I much prefer a dry shampoo that sprays out, or if it is a powder formula, one I could sprinkle out of a bottle. The applicator, a puff, is also a bit odd to use - but it works to apply the product.

I'm not good at describing the scent,  but I wrote down it had an organic-fresh scent; maybe a bit lemon? Not really sure, but it was an okay scent to me. Nothing that was bothersome and nothing that was amazing. 

It does work to absorb excess oil, and it adds a little volume (as most dry shampoos do). If you have dark hair, like I do, some of the product can look noticeable in your hair. So I'd recommend using sparingly and really work it in and really comb it out if you have darker hair.

I think this is a nice, natural dry shampoo option that a lot of people will like, but for me it just wasn't my cup of tea; I love that it's natural and it works, but for me the packaging wasn't my style and the fact it can be noticeable in my hair - although I have that problem with a lot of dry shampoos, as most anyone with dark hair will have that problem with dry shampoos too. If you are looking for a natural dry shampoo option then I'd recommend checking this out.


Moody Sisters Organic Skincare
Eye Makeup Remover
 

Moody Sisters Organic Skincare Eye Makeup Remover Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $10.75 (4 fl oz full size). Available on the Moody Sisters Organic Skincare website or their Esty shop.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

The Moody Sisters Organic Skincare natural Eye Makeup Remover gently removes eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow around your eye area without having to worry about harsh chemicals.

Shake the bottle well before each use, and then soak a cotton ball (or washcloth) and hold it on your eye for a few seconds before wiping away.

One con that I want to point out is the packaging. It is in a metal bottle with a pop-top, but the eye makeup remover doesn't flow out the top and you can't squeeze the bottle, so you end up un-screwing the top and soaking a cotton ball - which is fine, I don't mind, but wish it was different packaging. I also like to see through my bottles of eye makeup remover so I know how much is left. Wish they would re-consider the packaging, but this is still a really great eye makeup remover!

I really liked this eye makeup remover. It effectively removed all my eye makeup, even my hard-to-remove waterproof eye makeup. It wasn't harsh or irritating around my eyes (no sting), there was no noticeable scent, and it got the job done. I even used this to take off eye makeup that another eye makeup remover would not remove. This took it off in seconds! Love this stuff, wish the packaging was different, but I'd still recommend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this dry shampoo and the eye makeup remover? Have you tried either one or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)