August 15, 2013

Amala Intensive Brightening Mask - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tried a new-to-me brand, Amala. I'll have another product to review from them soon (a lip salve) but in this post I'll share with you their Intensive Brightening Mask. This pricey mask promises a lot of great things. Does it deliver? Read my full review, and all the product info, after the pics.

Amala - Intensive Brightening Mask

  

 




Amala Intensive Brightening Mask Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $82.00 (1.7 fl oz full size). Available on the Amala Beauty website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

This rich cream mask blends a high concentration of active brightening botanicals with reparative hydrators. A potent cocktail of bio-botanicals actives helps target and prevent the appearance of dark spots, while comforting and conditioning for more radiant, even tone.

Ingredients like Narcissus has the ability to slow down the synthesis of melanin, the skin pigment that leads to dark spots. Also helps combat the appearance of fine lines. Red Currant is enriched with brightening Vitamin C and protective antioxidants. Calendula is rich in Omega-6 essential fatty acids to strengthen skin's protective lipid barrier.

This mask is great for those with dark spots and discolorations - including age spots, freckles and acne scars. Those with uneven skintone and texture, and/or those with dull, sallow skin and loss of radiance.

Amala treatments are certified by NaTrue, the European authority for natural and organic cosmetic standards.

Clinical Test Results: After 4 weeks...
  • 100% of participants showed significant improvement in skin firmness.
  • 90% demonstrated significantly increased skin elasticity
  • 90% showed significant improvement in skin smoothness
  • 100% demonstrated significant improvement in skin hydration
  • Also proven in 28 days to significantly increase cell renewal

This mask has a creamy lotion/moisturizer-like texture. It has a light scent that is earthy, or plant-like (I'm not good ad describing scents).

To use this mask you'll apply it to a clean face, massaging it into your skin (not layering it on) - it will melt in. You can either leave it on like that, making it into a skincare treatment, or wash it off after 10 minutes (using it as a mask).

This is a pricey mask, at $82 it's not a pick-it up because you were out and saw it (unless you have money to spend like that). So for me, if I'm going to pay $82 for a mask, it's gotta be good. I have no problem splurging on a skincare mask or exfoliator; I have plenty that were pricey in the past as well. But does this work?

Yes, this works! You will notice your complexion is brightened after a single use, but the real results come with continued use of this product. I have a lot of face masks, so it's hard for me to use just one consistently, but I have been trying to use this at least once a week - even though it's best to use 2 to 3 times a week. I have noticed an improvement in my skin's firmness and smoothness, as well as some of my acne scars (hyperpigmentation) seeming to fade.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this mask and still have plenty left in the tube to continue using and see results.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this mask? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)