July 13, 2013

Studio Gear Eye Liner in Midnight Blue & Impactful Pro T.L.S. Mascara - pics, before & after, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently reviewed the Studio Gear CC Cream and Perfect Concealer. In this post I have two more Studio Gear products to share with you, the Eye Liner Pencil in the shade Midnight Blue, and their new Impactful Pro T.L.S. Mascara. Check out my full reviews, including all the product info, after each set of pics.


Studio Gear Eye Liner Pencil
Shade: Midnight Blue









Studio Gear Eye Liner Pencil Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $14.00 (.04 oz full size). Available on the Studio Gear website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Studio Gear Cosmetics are sold. If purchasing from the Studio Gear website, use the code VALENTINE13 to save 10% off your entire purchase!
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

High performance, high intensity color combined with ease of application and great staying power. This kohl-based formula provides the precision necessary to create the perfect line or the smudge-ability you'll need to achieve the smokiest of eyes.

Available in 12 shades. I have the shade Midnight Blue - which is an almost black, navy blue pencil. I know in the photos it looks more blue but in person it is darker and closer to a black shade.

I really like using navy pencils because they make the whites of my eyes look brighter, and this is a pretty deep blue shade that does just that. The pigmentation was good. The pencil went on okay; it was a medium soft consistency and I wish it was creamier so it glided on a little better. You can warm it up by rubbing it on the back of your hand first, and that does help it apply easier. It didn't really apply with much pigmentation in my waterline and didn't stay there either - so I would not recommend this for your waterline. I didn't have issues with staying power on my top lid; it lasted all day!

Overall, I think this is a good eye liner. I'd recommend one of the colored shades, as I think there are better black pencils out there but the color range they offer is really pretty.



Studio Gear Impactful Pro T.L.S. Mascara
Shade: Black





Studio Gear Impactful Pro T.L.S. Mascara Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.00 (full size -- I only have a sample tube). Available on the Studio Gear website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Studio Gear Cosmetics are sold. If purchasing from the Studio Gear website, use the code VALENTINE13 to save 10% off your entire purchase!
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Studio tested, high impact mascara that thickens, lengthens and separates the lashes (hence the T.L.S. in the name -- T standing for Thickens, L standing for Lengthens and S standing for Separates), delivering maximum fullness and flare. This is the newest mascara from Studio Gear.

I only have a sample tube, but there is plenty to use in it and I got a good feel for this mascara. It does thicken my lashes, it does add length (although I have other mascaras that lengthen longer), and it does a great job at separating the lashes - applying clump free. It does everything it says. However, I don't think it does enough of what it says - at least not for my lashes. I liked this mascara and I think it could be a great mascara for a lot of people - but for the price I don't know if this is a mascara for me. Check it out next time you're at Ulta.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eye liner and this mascara? Have you tried either one or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Love the eye liner and the mascara adds nice length to your lashes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)