July 13, 2013

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (2 shades) & Match Perfection Concealer - swatches, before & after pics, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I love Rimmel products - one of my favorite drugstore brands, especially for face products - so I was excited to try their Match Perfection line. In this post I'll show you the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - which I have in two shades (230 Warm Ivory and 340 Nude) - and Rimmel's Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter (which I have in 335 Light/Medium). Read my full review, including all the product info, after each set of pics. Check out my before & after pics to see the coverage of each product.

 


Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Shades: 230 Warm Ivory, 340 Nude





Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: About $5 to $6 depending where you shop (1 fl oz full size). Available at Walmart, Target, Ulta, and everywhere else Rimmel Cosmetics are sold. Click here to locate a retailer near you.
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

A match so perfect, it's undetectable in any light!

Light perfecting radiance foundation. Traceless coverage and perfectly flawless skin under any light. Unique innovative formula with Smart-Tone technology to mimic your skin tone and texture. Blue sapphire gives truer, fresh color for a flawless natural finish. Lasts all day. SPF 18. Available in 15 shades.

I have this in two shades: 230 Warm Ivory and 340 Nude. Mixing both shades together give me a near perfect match. I do have to say the shades shown on Rimmel's website look very odd -- for example, Warm Ivory is shown as a red shade, and True Ivory is shown as a purple -- makes choosing a shade from that website a little bit impossible. It's best to buy this in person. I picked up one of these at Big Lots for just $2!

I thought this had okay coverage. I personally like/want more coverage. It does look really natural on your skin - which is a huge plus for this foundation - but it felt sticky on my face. I have oily skin and it was like as the day went on, the more sticky my face felt - even with some powder on top.

If you have oily skin, I would say to skip this foundation. If you have dry to normal skin, and like a natural dewy finish, this may be great for you.




Rimmel Match Perfection
2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter
Shade: 335 Light/Medium





Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: About $5 to $6 depending where you shop (0.23 oz full size). Available at Walmart, Target, Ulta, and everywhere else Rimmel Cosmetics are sold. Click here to locate a retailer near you.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Skin tone adapting concealer. Conceals signs of fatigue while highlighting and illuminating the eye area. Soft precision brush for the delicate under-eye area. Available in 5 shades.

I have this in the shade 335 Light/Medium - which matches my skintone pretty well, but doesn't work so much as a highlighter. I think if I got the shade Light it would work more for the highlighting benefit (and something I do plan to get in the future).

I did like the texture - it's a creamy mousse-like concealer, that blends in easily and does a nice job at covering my under eye circles. Does an okay job covering blemishes. I need to set this with a powder, but I normally do that with concealers anyway.

I personally liked this concealer, and I know some people really don't, but I would still recommend this as a goo drugstore concealer to try.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this foundation & concealer? Have you tried either one or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. How i wish Rimmel would be locally available here in my country. Love the result dear. :)

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this concealer, but the packaging looks a bit different! I like it too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you scored the foundations on clearance for $2 and I love a bargain as much as the next girl, but the back of the bottles state the expiry date clear as day!! Maybe that's why they felt sticky all day? Anyway, my point is PLEASE don't risk putting this expired product on your skin anymore! The new version is out in stores and from what I understand, Rimmel foundations are affordable even at full price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous: One of the bottles was bought on clearance; the other was not and purchased at Target. They are required to put expiration dates on them now, unlike in the past. I'm very aware of the way expiration dates work with cosmetics... and a lot has to do with when you actually open a product and the way you use a product. Products can go bad before an expiration date if they are not used in a sanitary way and products can also extend past their expiration date. I'm comfortable using them; there is no off scent and the formula is still the same. I have foundations from several years ago that are still okay -- same with eyeshadows and more. But I find that all Rimmel foundations on me are sticky -- as are just about all liquid foundations due to my oily skin.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)