July 17, 2013

Gorgeous Cosmetics Lipstick in Bombshell - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have a really pretty raspberry hot pink lipstick from Gorgeous Cosmetics to show you in this post; it's called Bombshell. Available in other shades - 30 in total - this lipstick is richly pigmented goes on smooth and feels comfortable on the lips. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics.

Gorgeous Cosmetics Lipstick
Shade: Bombshell









Gorgeous Cosmetics Lipstick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $25.00 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the Gorgeous Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Gorgeous Cosmetics Lipsticks are fine in texture and feel luxuriously soft and light-weight on your lips. Remarkably high color pigment content means that color lasts reliably for hours without touch-ups. Enriched with emollients to nourish lips.

Currently available in 30 shades. I have this lipstick in the shade Bombshell. It's hard to get a good feel for the shades on the website because the small color swatches don't show up larger and you can't see what the lipstick looks like in the tube - and also, no shade descriptions. No indication of if the lipstick is a creme, matte, shimmer, frost, etc. So that was probably the hardest part when choosing a shade. The shade I have, Bombshell, looked like a raspberry bright pink creme on their website but in person there is a slightly cool toned shimmer/sheen to it that wasn't noticeable from the website. I was hoping for just a creme lipstick, but I still like this shade (but I do think I have one in my collection nearly like it). Other shades I'm interested in are Pink Flip, Paris, Musk Stick, and Bloom.

The shade I have, Bombshell, has great pigmentation, goes on smooth and feels comfortable on the lips. This shade does sort of stain your lips, so be careful of that in case you're someone who likes to switch out their lip colors throughout the day.

The lipstick tube itself had some weird area on the left side -- I thought it was a piece of plastic from the twist-up mechanism, but it seemed to feel waxy. Not sure what that was but it's there. You can see it in the photos.

The lipstick itself would get a 5 out of 5 for formula, but because it's hard to choose a shade on the website without knowing the finish of the lipstick, and the way my lipstick looked (with that weird waxy piece) I gave this a 4 out of 5 Kisses.

Overall, I liked this lipstick and I seem to be really liking the Gorgeous Cosmetics line of products!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lipstick? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)