July 17, 2013

Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

With summer here in full effect, I've been needing more and more products to keep me matte and oil-free. The new Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder is a pressed powder that is meant to mattify skin and set your makeup. I actually really did like this! Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics.

Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder







Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $3.99 (0.28 oz full size). Available at Ulta and everywhere else Essence cosmetics are sold. 
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

If you prefer pressed powder, this fine, compact powder is for you! It can be applied over foundation to mattify skin and set your makeup. Gives a matte, natural and smooth complexion. Available in one, transparent color for all skin types.

I thought the texture of this was a bit rough... although I'm sure that's the wrong way to describe the point I'm trying to make. What I mean to say, is that this powder isn't as silky and smooth as some other compact powders. Despite how it feels being swatched, it actually goes on pretty well.

It does swatch a bit white, but it will blend out nearly - if not completely - translucent. If you have darker skintones you may want to apply with a fluffy brush and a light hand to avoid using too much, which will give you skin a white cast to it. Medium to fair complexions probably won't have any issues with this having a white case. But that is pretty true with a lot of "transparent" powders.

This surprisingly worked really well! It made me matte, but not overly matte -- which is something I was really fond of with this product. It absolutely helped keep me matte for several hours, and if you need to, touch-up's are easy. I apply with a fluffy powder brush/blush brush.

For $3.99 (and cheaper if you use a coupon at Ulta), I think this is a budget-friendly product that will keep you matte. I think I may like it even more than the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, but I need to use them both one after another to really see which I prefer. But, I would absolutely recommend you pick up the Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this mattifying powder? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)