December 15, 2012

Pixi Beauty - Natural Brow Duo in Medium Brown: swatches, before & after, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have another great product from Pixi Beauty to share with you today, their Natural Brow Duo - which I have in the shade Medium Brown. I have very sparse brows, so I need a brow product that fills them in and looks natural. This product fits the bill with its brow pencil and brow gel combo. The only thing to note on this one is there is just one shade, Medium Brown, which does work for me but may not work for every hair color.

Check out my pics, swatches, before & after, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Pixi Beauty
Natural Brow Duo
Shade: Medium Brown



  


 











Pixi Beauty Natural Brow Duo Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.00 (0.007 oz for the pencil/0.084 fl oz for the gel). Available on the Pixi Beauty website, at Target, and everywhere else Pixi Beauty is sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Brow pencil and gel to shape and tame brows in a convenient, one-shade-suits-all duo. This duo helps to provide polished brows, essential to framing the eyes and completing a makeup look.

One end houses a waterproof brow pencil with an angled tip for precise and natural-looking application. The other end contains a tinted soft-hold gel for keeping even the most unruly brows in place.

Fragrance free and dermatologically approved. Formulated with vitamin E to nourish and protect, panthenol to strengthen brow hairs, and vitamin C to act as an antioxidant.

This is one universal shade, which you can slightly adjust depending on how hard you press the pencil to your skin; press harder for darker color and press lighter for lighter color. It happens to work very well for my brunette brows, giving them a natural look - which I like - but keep in mind it may not be the most flattering for every single hair color out there. For those with darker brunette to black hair you may find this color too soft. For those with white, gray, or very blonde hair, you may find the color too dark. I think this flatters those with dirty blonde hair, or light to medium brunettes the best.

I did like how easy it was to use, and it did last on me all day without any issues. The brow pencil was easy to apply and doesn't require sharpening; just twist up. The brow gel is tinted, so it adds a tiny bit of coverage while taming brows in place. The look it gave my brows was soft and natural, perfect for a no-makeup look but maybe not strong enough for bolder eye looks (at least for my preference and with how sparse my brows are). It is my go-to product for a natural looking brow.

Overall, I liked this brow duo and would recommend giving it a try. Although I would love to see more shades (a blonde, an auburn, a black, and even a salt & pepper option would be great).

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this brow product? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. That looks great; very beautiful result. I've never tried this but I'd like to try it out.
    Thank you for reviewing and sharing.

    Have a great day,
    My Bathroom Is My Castle – Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)