September 25, 2012

Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift - pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

This is a product I tried out when it originally launched on QVC back in January 2012. I was really excited about this because it looked like an innovated product that would yield great results. It was a bit pricey (I believe it was specially priced at around $80, but it retails now for $95), but I figured I could always return it if it truly didn't work out. Well, I did end up returning it after trying it out for almost 4 weeks straight. As fun as it was to use, and as good as it felt on my skin, this just didn't do anything to warrant the price. Maybe my skin is too young (I'm 28) to see any results, so it's possible someone with more mature skin could love this. For me, it just didn't work. Regardless, check out the pics and full review below.

Check out my pics, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Kate Somerville
DermalQuench Liquid Lift









Basic Stats for Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift:
Formula: spray liquid/foam
Cost/Availability: $95.00 (2.5 oz full size). Available on the Kate Somerville website, QVC's website, Sephora's website, and everywhere else Kate Somerville products are sold.
Packaging: rounded bottle with spray-nozzle 
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
DermalQuench infuses the skin with 3 powerful ingredients in the advanced HydraFill Complex. Wrinkle-relaxing PFC-Oxygen Carriers draw and lock in oxygen with an oxygen magnet. They relax facial muscles to dramatically smooth and soften. After just 2 weeks, 83% of women reported that their lines appeared dramatically smoother and softer. While deeply hydrating hyaluronic acid provides fast-penetrating, long-lasting moisture. Improving the look of elasticity, firmness and texture. After just 1 use, clinical instruments measured up to a 130% increase in skin moisture. And Radiance-boosting Botanical Extracts instantly create a healthy-looking glow, revealing a more youthful complexion. After just 2 weeks, 90% of women reported an improvement in their skin's appearance overall.

Cost/Availability:
$95.00 (2.5 oz full size). Available on the Kate Somerville websiteQVC's websiteSephora's website, and everywhere else Kate Somerville products are sold.

Packaging:
Rounded bottle with spray-nozzle and pull-off cap.

Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift Review:
This is a fun product to use that feels great on your skin, that part alone would make me keep this if it wasn't $95, but the fact it didn't really do anything for my skin meant I didn't have the budget to keep an almost $100 product.

Yes, it did feel great going on. You shake it up and spray lines on your face, then massage in. It absorbs quickly, leaving behind no sticky residue and feels really refreshing. My skin felt great and had a slightly more radiant look to it (but a face mask and/or scrub can do that too for me).

I took before and after photos to see if I could see any difference at all and unfortantely I didn't see any difference. I zoomed into them and studied them side-by-side, hoping I could find even one example of the immediate results this claims (and what was presented on-air on QVC). I couldn't see one difference on my skin. Not one. I also did after pics after the almost 4 weeks of use, and still no difference in my skin.

Now that's not to say that you won't see a difference. There were some great before and after's during the QVC presentation --- of course all on more mature skin than mine. I say if you're younger (20's or younger) this isn't a product you need to buy. There are cheaper options out there to get an instant glow. However, if you have more mature skin then you may love this and find it to be a great skincare tool.

Overall, I wish it were cheaper because I really did enjoy using this but it just doesn't give me any results. I'd only recommend this to those in their late 30's and up.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Agree 100% - this KS product is hyped big time on QVC. I thought it looked a lot like the Oxygen Mask by Bliss that I like but find it does little - gives a redness to my skin for a short time - feels like it's doing something but other than maybe a bit of deep cleaning, nothing. The Kate product works even less than the Bliss one and costs a ton. Mine went back with a really bad comment left on the site.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)