March 13, 2012

PINK by Mahya Glitters (12 shades) & Glitter Eye Gel - pics, swatches, and review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love glitter! I swear it runs through my veins. I may be almost 28 years old, but I don't care, I love me some glitter! I think it goes back to high school when I was a cheerleader; we would cover ourselves head to toe in glitter... and I loved every second of it! Mahya Mineral Makeup has a line called PINK, and in that line they have Glitters and Glittery Minerals. In this post I'll show you 8 shades of their Glitters, 4 shades of their Glittery Minerals, and their Glitter Eye Gel - which is a great product for anyone who wants their glitter to stick and stay in place.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shades: Diamond Cluster, Gem, Fashionista, Starry Night, Sapphire, Sneaking Out, Peridot, Tanzanite
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.














PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Diamond Cluster
Shade Description: Silver


 










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Gem
Shade Description: A warm, golden silver.


 










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Fashionista
Shade Description: Gold


  










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Starry Night
Shade Description: A smokey black base with silver glitter.


  










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Sapphire
Shade Description: Aqua blue


  










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Sneaking Out
Shade Description: Electric royal blue


  










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Peridot
Shade Description: Lime green


  










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters
Shade: Tanzanite
Shade Description: Electric lavender


  







Basic Stats for PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters:
Formula: loose glitter
Wear: average to above average; use Glitter Eye Gel for best results
Coverage: scattered to full
Shade Info: currently available in 25 shades
Cost/Availability: $9.99 (5 g jar with 0.052 oz/1 to 1.5 g full size). Available on the Mahya Mineral Makeup website.
Packaging: round jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glitters Review:
I love these glitters! Some of them are finer glitter - like Peridot and Tanzanite - while others are micro hex glitter - like Fashionista and Sneaking Out. They're all pretty, and this is the type of product that I want to own in all the shades!

I love using loose glitter on my eyes - not necessarily as all-over, full-coverage glitter shadow (although I have done that - especially on Halloween or a fun girls night out), but scattered over whatever shadow I'm wearing already to bump up the eye attention, or applied as a liner - which is one of my favorite ways to wear glitter on my eyes. There is certainly a way to wear glitter as an adult that makes it look good, rather than too young. For example, Jennifer Lopez is a perfect example of how to wear glitter as an adult. That's how I wear it too, so don't think you're ever too old to wear glitter. Sure, my grandmom may not look great in Peridot glitter, lol, but she could pull off a little Starry Night as a liner on her upper lash line!

These glitters apply in a sheer, scattered way on their own, but when applied over top Mahya's Glitter Eye Gel they will go on full coverage! I just apply the Glitter Eye Gel and pat the glitter on. You can also apply your glitter wet, which will give you a similar effect, but it won't stick on your eyes like it will when you use Mahya's Glitter Eye Gel.

With 25 shades, you're sure to find at least one glitter that fits your style. Of course you can use these glitters in other ways too; you can mix with other loose pigment shadows, add to lotion, apply to lips, use on nails, sprinkle in hair, use on your body, etc. They are cosmetic grade.

Overall, I'd highly recommend these glitters!




PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup
Glittery Minerals
Shades: Purple Rain, Winter, Twilight, Aquarium
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.





PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup
Glittery Minerals
Shade: Purple Rain
Shade Description: A medium lilac with shimmer.


  










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup
Glittery Minerals
Shade: Winter
Shade Description: A wintery light blue with shimmer.


  










PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup
Glittery Minerals
Shade: Twilight
Shade Description: A smokey black based purple that almost turns blue.
  








PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup
Glittery Minerals
Shade: Aquarium
Shade Description: An aqua blue with shimmer.


  







Basic Stats for PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glittery Minerals:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average; use primer or Glitter Eye Gel for best results
Coverage: sheer to full
Shade Info: currently available in 16 shades
Cost/Availability:  $9.99 (5 g jar with 0.052 oz/1 to 1.5 g full size). Available on the Mahya Mineral Makeup website.
Packaging: round jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

PINK by Mahya Mineral Makeup - Glittery Minerals Review:
I really liked these Glittery Minerals. They're just like the Mahya Mineral Makeup eyeshadows, but more glittery & shimmery! They are a great option for anyone who wants to try glitter without diving into the full on loose glitters.

Out of the four shades I have, Aquarium is my absolute favorite, followed by the shade Winter. There are other shades I want too; like Queen and Radiant.

Overall, I loved these and would recommend!




Mahya Mineral Makeup
Eye Glitter Gel
  


 

Basic Stats for Mahya Mineral Makeup Eye Glitter Gel:
Formula: liquid
Cost/Availability: $14.99 (not sure of size in ounces). Available on the Mahya Mineral Makeup website.
Packaging: squared tube with twist-off lid and attached doe-foot applicator
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Mahya Mineral Makeup Eye Glitter Gel Review:
I loved this product! If you wear loose glitter you need this. It creates the perfect "glue" to hold your loose glitter in place, and help your glitter apply full coverage.

It's different from a regular eyeshadow primer, as this is more wet and sticky to help adhere the glitter to your eyelids (or anywhere else you choose to put it). It does a fantastic job at holding the glitter onto your skin. Even when I do these swatches, I can take a dry paper towel and wipe over my hand - the loose glitter will wipe right off while the glitter on the Eye Glitter Gel will still be there. I have to use a makeup remover wipe to get it off.

Overall, I highly recommend this to anyone who uses loose glitters!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these glitter and the glitter eye gel? What shade(s) do you like best? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these! Your pictures are really good! Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah glitter is so much fun, not really an everyday look, but great for nights out :P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I think sapphire is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)