December 11, 2011

L'Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Professional Eye Shadow in Pure Silver: swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Gray/grey (however you choose to spell it) is my go-to neutral. I love gray, and not just as an eyeshadow; two rooms in my house are gray (one is light gray and one is dark gray). I picked up this L'Oreal shadow randomly while on a Wal-Mart trip. I didn't even have any intention of picking up this, it just jumped into my shopping basket and found a new home with me  :)

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...

L'Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Professional Eye Shadow
Shade: Pure Silver - 910
Shade Description: A silver toned medium gray with satin shimmer.

[Also shown on my eyes: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero, Mally Volumizing Mascara.]




















Basic stats for L'Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Professional Eye Shadow:
Formula: pressed powder eyeshadow
Coverage: buildable
Wear: average to above average
Shade Info: 20 shades to choose from
Cost/Availability: About $5 each depending where you shop (0.1 oz full size). Available at Wal-Mart, Target, on Ulta's website, on Walgreen's website, and on L'Oreal's website.
Packaging: black compact; no mirror; includes applicator (which is not show in the photos)
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This pressed powder eyeshadow is designed to stay crease-free and fade-resistant. I don't generally have issues with eye shadow fading away or creasing (unless it's really just awful), so I usually don't worry about that (plus I use a shadow primer). I didn't have any issues with this shadow fading away or creasing, even when I didn't use a shadow primer.


Coverage:
Buildable coverage; I would have liked to see a bit more pigmentation but it's still decent.


Wear:
Average to above-average. I read this is supposed to a long-wear formula, but I don't think it's truly that type of shadow.


Shade Info:
Available in 20 shades, which some people have been complaining about because they pick the same shade name from L'Oreal original Wear Infinite shadows and now find the shades are slightly different. Well of course they are; they've improved their formula and that usually means shades change from a tiny, barely noticeable change to dramatic changes. Regardless, it's technically a new line of shadows so you shouldn't compare them to the original shades. It's just like how when NARS improved their original Oil-Free foundation. All the shades slightly changed but that's to be expected. Change is good sometimes!


Cost/Availability:
About $5 each depending where you shop (0.1 oz full size). Available at Wal-Mart, Target, on Ulta's website, on Walgreen's website, and on L'Oreal's website.


Packaging:
Black compact with see-thru lid so you know what shade is inside. No mirror. Includes a sponge-tip applicator, which is not shown in the photos because I throw them out right away.


L'Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Professional Eye Shadow Review:
I love the shade; a great gray neutral. For some, this shade may read more silver than gray. I think it's perfect. It's not too dark that it makes me look like I'm wearing a smokey eye, but it can be used as a base shade in a dark smokey eye. I love the price; it's affordable and one of these shadows will last me a very, very long time (I almost never hit pan on my shadows because I have so many).

The pigmentation is the only part of this shadow I find a little lacking. It would have been nice to see more pigmentation for a richer color. Maybe other shades have a little more pigmentation, but I'm not sure. I do have other shades similar, so it's certainly not a unique shade, but it is a great shade to try if you're looking for a mid-tone gray with a silver undertone.

I'd recommend this to someone looking for a drugstore brand eyeshadow in a silver gray tone. I don't wear many drugstore brand eyeshadows, but I do like L'Oreal's.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eyeshadow? Do you own this or any of the 20 shades of this eyeshadow? Or maybe you want to try it? Discuss in the comments below.



4 comments:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)