December 9, 2011

Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ -- before & after, pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've been interested in trying a BB Cream for awhile now and received a deluxe sample with one of my Sephora orders. A BB Cream can be used on its own, under makeup as a primer, or as a tinted moisturizer. The purpose of a BB Cream is to perfect the skin. I'm still on the fence as to if I like this or not. Full review at the end of this post.

If you don't know, BB stands for Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm (Boscia refers to it as Blemish Balm). The PA at the end of the product name refers to Japan's PA protection system which measures the levels of UVA protection that provides superior defense against the rays that cause collagen damage and photo-aging of the skin. Three plus signs represent the highest level of UVA protection.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++
Shade: There is no shade to choose from; just one shade fits all (which may not fit all). I fall into the lighter medium skintone category; in MAC I'm NC30/NC25.
 










Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++
Before & After Pic:



Basic stats for Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++:
Formula: oil-free cream (which goes on feeling more like a gel-cream)
Coverage: sheer to light
Wear: average
Shade Info: No shade to choose from; according to Boscia, it is a self-adjusting universal shade that warms to complement most skin tones for sheer, flawless coverage. May be too dark for fair skin and too light for darker skin tones.
Cost/Availability: $38 (1.75 oz full size). Available on Boscia's website, Sephora's website, and everywhere else Boscia is sold.
Packaging: squeeze tube, twist-off cap
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This is an oil-free cream formula (which to me, feels more like a gel-cream), B.B. Cream. Contains Abyssine, a naturally-derived survival molecule, which shields and soothes skin. Hydroxprolisilane promotes skin elasticity and reduces the appearance of fine lines. Beta-Glucan provides essential moisture and protects against environmental damage. Jojoba Leaf, a powerful antioxidant, combats free radical damage while it nourishes and protects skin to prevent premature aging. Willowherb, a unique anti-irritant, helps to calm skin inflammation and reduce visible redness and irritation. SPF 27 PA++. For all skin types.


Coverage:
Sheer to light coverage.


Wear:
Average wear; not super long lasting and is not waterproof or sweat-proof (as it recommends reapply after swimming or sweating).


Shade Info:
No shade to choose from; according to Boscia, it is a self-adjusting universal shade that warms to complement most skin tones for sheer, flawless coverage. May be too dark for fair skin and too light for darker skin tones.


Cost/Availability:
 $38 (1.75 oz full size). Available on Boscia's websiteSephora's website, and everywhere else Boscia is sold.


Packaging:
Squeeze tube with twist-off lid.


Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ Review:
I rated this product a 3.5 out of 5 Kisses because I'm still on the fence with it. I like it, but I certainly don't love it yet. I haven't worn it out of the house because it doesn't give me enough coverage and layering foundation and/or concealer and/or powder on top is not why I'd want to use this product. If I had better skin I may love this because the color works really well for my skintone.

I was impressed with how much it did cover. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not full coverage or anything like that but it did reduce the look of my brown spots (hyper pigmentation from acne) and improved my overall skintone. It's not enough coverage for me, but it was more than I thought it would provide. It gives me more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. In a pinch this would be all I needed to get out the door quickly.

I don't hate it, I don't love it, but I like it. I have a feeling it will grow on me and I'll end up loving it and using it all the time. Or maybe not, lol. Only time will tell. For now though, I'll give it a few test runs on days I stay home before I give it a go outside of the house.

I really can't recommend this yet because I haven't tried other BB Creams to compare this to, and I really haven't given it enough test drives. However, I can say that based on what I've experienced so far, I would suggest this product to someone with great skin who falls into the light to medium skintone range.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this BB cream? Have you tried this or another BB cream? What are your thoughts? Discuss in the comments below.



12 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal! I love this BB (totally agree it is gel-like and not similar to any other bb creams I've tried), but I used it in a specific regime: Tinted moisturizer (either Stila's new sheer or illuminating, or Origins Vitazing) for a little coverage, followed by this applied with a beauty blender (this is key - the finish is so much better!), and topped off with a dusting of E.L.F. mineral foundation in light. Sometimes I'd also use a mineral veil/booster translucent powder, but I didn't really find it necessary. This covered most of my blemishes and I'd often forget to use an illuminator under my eyes (not direly needed). I can see that this lets girls who need more coverage like us down as an all-in-one product, but I really like the layering of lighter products in the summer (when the regime above was my go-to) as opposed to one or more layers of heavier-coverage makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the result on your skin. I mean, it hasn't the best coverage, but your imperfections are still less noticeable and the tone of your skin is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried BB creams, but i have heard so many good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This BB cream looks effective O: I've only tried the Garnier one before and there isn't much inside the package so I can't use that much at once >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sarah S.: Thanks for sharing your application method. I hadn't thought of using my beauty blender to apply this, but I bet it would give the best results! I really like that it surprised me in how much coverage it offered because I really thought it would be no better than a tinted moisturizer.


    @ Molkinaify: I agree; the results are better than I expected and while it won't cover them all it would be perfect for someone without so much hyper pigmentation. I'm starting to use a brown spot lighting cream at night, so hopefully that will help fade those awful marks on my face, and then maybe this product would be great!


    @ Miss L: This was my first try with a BB cream and I'm really happy to see they are more than just a tinted moisturizer. I wasn't sure if this was a product worth purchasing or not, so it was nice to try it out ahead of time. When my hyper pigmentation fades I may buy a full sized tube of this stuff.


    @ Yoyo: I've heard of the Garnier one but I haven't seen it or tried it. Sorry to hear there isn't much in the package. Does it at least do a good job?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try a BB cream, and I was so excited about this one but it's a bummer that it's a "one shade fits all" kind of deal because I have super fair skin. Ahh well. I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jacqui: I know Smashbox makes a BB Cream that has shaded options, including a Fair shade. That may be a better option for you to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I just don't like stuff all over my face. I can't wear foundation without it feeling gross. I also have a couple of different BB creams and they just feel too heavy on me as well. They also leave me looking shiny quickly even with powder. Mally has been on QVC all day and I really want to try her new full coverage foundation but I'll have to wait for reviews I guess since its Sold Out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ sunnydee130: I was lucky enough to order her new foundation (ordered it about 1:30am when I wasn't able to sleep, lol). I just love Mally's products and couldn't wait to see a liquid foundation from her. I ordered without even seeing a presentation on it. I will for sure post a review and pics once it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard so much good stuff about BB creams in general and I will probably buy it
    It worries me a little bit because there are only the light and dark version (Garnier is the only brand on my market that is offering BB cream) but I think I will invest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ MissDoll: I'm sure before you know you'll see BB Creams popping up everywhere. It wasn't until just this year that they really started showing up in the United States; at least I didn't really notice them until more recently. So far Smashbox is the only BB Cream I know that has shaded options (behind just a light or dark). Some people are trying to compare a BB Cream to products like Perfekt's Skin Perfecting Gel; I have that (a sample) so I should do a comparison at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i ever tried some bb cream from korea, since i lived in asia.
    i have tried precious mineral in flawless by etude house. its okay, n just okay. no outstanding result. coverage okay, long lasting okay. i mean, its not good, but its not bad either, just okay. oil control bad for my dry skin, its weird.
    tried also aloe from the skin food. this is korean brand also, good oil control for me, too good for me, it makes my dry skin gettin dry also. coverage okay, it last during the day for me. i think this is good for oily skin.
    and this days, i use jasmine water from BRTC. its korean brand again... it says good for dry skin, but i dont feel the benefit after i use this for 3 days, so i will see if this gets benefit me more after a month.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)