September 15, 2011

e.l.f. Studio Pigment Eyeshadow (Breezy Blue, Tropical Teal, Naturally Nude) - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently picked up three e.l.f. Cosmetic's Studio Pigment Eyeshadows in the shades Breezy Blue, Tropical Teal, and Naturally Nude.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...


e.l.f. Studio Pigment Eyeshadow
Shade: Breezy Blue
Shade Description: A jewel-tone navy blue satin shimmer.


 
 

 








e.l.f. Studio Pigment Eyeshadow
Shade: Tropical Teal
Shade Description: A jewel-toned teal satin shimmer.



 

 















e.l.f. Studio Pigment Eyeshadow
Shade: Naturally Nude
Shade Description: A mid-tone copper-brown satin shimmer.



 

 

 












Basic stats for e.l.f. Studio Pigment Eyeshadow:
Formula: loose shadow
Coverage: buildable
Wear: average
Shade Info: currently available in 10 shades
Cost/Availability: $3 each (0.05 oz full size); available on the e.l.f. Cosmetics website
Packaging: square jar, twist off lid, sifter, comes with a mini brush
My Rating: 4 out of 5 kisses


Formula:
These are loose-powder eyeshadows the blend very easily.

Coverage:
Very buildable - from sheer to more intense color.

Wear:
For me, without a shadow primer these are just average wear. Of course with a shadow primer (I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance) they'll stay put all day.

Shade Info:
Currently there are 10 shades available on the e.l.f. Cosmetics website.

Cost/Availability:
Just $3 each on the e.l.f. Cosmetics website, but most of the time you can get these half off.

Packaging:
Square jar with a twist-off lid. There is a sifter on top of the shadow, but you can remove the sifter if you prefer (I pop mine out with tweezers). Comes with a mini shadow brush.

e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Pigment Eyeshadow Review:
I only paid $1.50 each, so for me these are a real bargain for what you receive. They aren't highly pigmented, although they appear that way. As you can see in the photos above when I blended them out a bit they became more sheer. Of course depending on application method you can go from sheer to intense. They build on top each other very easily and blend easily too.

The mini shadow brush that comes with it actually isn't too bad, and could be used if you didn't have any other brushes. I mean, it's not top-quality or anything but it certainly will work. I'm keeping the brushes that came with mine and usually I throw out any mini applicators because they don't work. This one does work.

Out of the three shades I own I probably like Tropical Teal the most, but then again I'm really on a teal kick right now. The Breezy Blue is also very pretty on - a pretty navy blue! Naturally Nude is pretty, but honestly not a shade I'd probably use. I want to buy a few more shades - specifically Passionate Purple and Naughty Noire.

I suggest picking up a few shades the next time e.l.f. has a 50% off sale!


Now let me know what you think...
Do you already own this pigment shadow? If not, do you want to try this out? What shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.



1 comment:

  1. hey i was thinking of breezy blue, how do you like it? im darker skin tone

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)