August 26, 2011

Too Faced Smokey Eye boxed palette (the new version) - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I previously posted swatches, pics and review of the Too Faced Naked Eye boxed palette (which I love) and had my eye on the Smokey Eye version (the new one). I finally had the opportunity to buy the Smokey Eye version and I'm delighted to share my pics, swatches and review of this gorgeous palette! Keep in mind this is the new version of the Smokey Eye palette. Click here to see the older version on the Too Faced website.

First I'll post all the pics and swatches, then I'll get to the review...

* Click on the photos to view them larger! *

 Too Faced Smokey Eye boxed palette:
Smokey Eye Shadow Collection



 






The shadows in detail:







  • Firefly: A silvery taupe satin shimmer.
  • White Lie: A sugar white satin shimmer.
  • In A Flash: A silver satin shimmer.
  • Cloves: A bronzy brown satin shimmer.
  • Nice Ash: A charcoal satin shimmer.
  • Smoking Jacket: A black plum satin shimmer.
  • Up In Smoke: A black brown with a hint of shimmer.
  • Smokin Hot: A matte black.
  • Smolder: A matte navy.








 





 



The three included eye looks cards:




Basic stats for Too Faced Smokey Eye boxed palette:
Formula: pressed powder shadows; really silky and smooth
Coverage: buildable; nicely pigmented
Wear: long-wearing
Shade Range: this palette contains 9 beautiful shades!
Container: boxed palette; pull-out instruction cards
Cost: $36 for this palette
Availability: buy this on Sephora's website or the Too Faced website
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!
 
 
Formula:
Too Faced pressed powder shadows are really nice! They're silky smooth, go on evenly, blend beautifully, and are nicely pigmented.
 
Coverage:
Like almost all shadows, you can control how intense you apply the color depending on application method. They do have nice pigmentation to them, some more than others.
 
Wear:
I find these shadows wear long on my eyes even without using a primer!
 
Shade Range:
Nine shades included in this palette that offer a wide range of looks and combo's that also pair nicely with other shadows not in this kit. I am in love with these deeper shades!
 
Container:
Unlike the Too Faced Naked Eye boxed palette, this palette does not have the pull-out drawer; something I really did not like. I'm glad Too Faced pulled that from their design because it only made the palette thicker and the brush was pretty much useless anyway. This boxed palette is much thinner, making it easier to take it with you. The other one just seems so bulky now compared to this one. Same magnetic closure. It has the three pull-out cards for the eye looks - which are nice if you don't know how to put together the colors or just want some ideas to play around with.
 
Cost/Availability:
You can buy this for $36 at Sephora or on the Too Faced website.
 
Too Faced Smokey Eye boxed palette Review:
Just like the Too Faced Naked Eye boxed palette, I am in LOVE with the Smokey Eye boxed palette! I think I like this one even more... actually I know I like it more! I always like smokey eyes, and the colors in this palette are perfect! I can see myself using all of them, except maybe the shades Cloves and Up In Smoke - which are bronze and brown tones that I generally don't like to wear. All the other shades are great; my favorites are Nice Ash, Smoking Jacket, Smolder and In A Flash.

I also want to point out that Too Faced has another Smokey Eye boxed palette, but this is the newer one.

I highly recommend this palette to anyone looking for a collection of shadows in a single palette that will help them create multiple, beautiful smokey eye looks! I really hope Too Faced will continue to develop these amazing palettes. Be sure to also check out the Natural Eye, Naked Eye, Romantic Eye, and the Matte Eye boxed palettes. Out of those three I probably would buy the Romantic Eye or the Matte Eye. Actually, screw it; I want them all! :)
 
 

** Let me know what you think! **
Do you own this palette or one of the other boxed palettes by Too Faced? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this a palette you want to own? Leave me a comment below or send me an email! I do try to answer all questions in the comments section and by email. I hope to hear your thoughts!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love all the palettes
    I have the naked, romantic, neutral and smokey eye. The cards make it so easy to apply the shadows. I'm not good at mix-n-matching from a huge palette so these little gems are life savers for me.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)