July 9, 2011

Tarte 100% Pure Cold-Pressed Maracuja Oil

Hello, Beautiful!

A few months ago I received a lab sample of Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil, which was a bonus included in a Tarte QVC kit (the Tarte 8th World Wonder Best of The Amazon 7-pc Clay Collection). I had been trying Josie Maran's Aragon Oil but after testing Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil, I found I liked it better than Aragon Oil.

You can use this oil on your face, body, hair, nails, and I've even used it on my dog's paw's (the bottoms, to soften them). I use it on my son's face every now and then (he's only 6 so it's not like he has a skincare routine to follow, haha, but I do try to use this at least 2-3 times a week on him), and my husband also uses it on his face & elbows.

Let's get right into pics, because you have to see how cute the packaging is on this oil...


Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil
Description: 100% pure cold-pressed maracuja oil from the Amazon; use on face, body, nails, hair, etc.



Just to compare sizes; on the left is the full size version and on the right is the deluxe sample size version.


Basic stats for Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil:
Formula: a thin oil
Container: glass bottle; twist-off lid with built-in dropper
Cost: $46 for 1.7 fl oz full size
Availability: exclusive to QVC through 12/21/11 - buy it on their website
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This is an oil, but it's not a thick or greasy oil. This oil absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy on your skin (unless you use way too much). Your skin will drink this in and go to work immediately.

Container:
This comes in a glass bottle with a twist-off lid. The lid has a built-in dropper, which is that little button on the top. Signature Tarte purple tinted bottle, earthy bamboo-look lid.

Cost/Availability:
This oil is exclusive to QVC through 12/21/11 and the cost is $46 for the 1.7 fl oz full size. One bottle of this oil is going to last you a long time, which makes the $46 price tag seem really affordable. You really only need 1 to 4 drops of this oil for each use, depending on where you're using it. On average I use 2 drops per night, 3 if I want to apply it on my elbows and neck.

Review:
Don't be afraid to put an oil on your face! Every skin type can use an oil and benefit from it. I have combo normal/oily skin, which is acne-prone and tends to be less normal and more oily. I can still use this oil and it helps my skin; it doesn't cause break-outs! I use it in place of my moisturizer at night, or sometimes add a drop or two in with my moisturizer depending on how badly my skin needs moisture (yes, even oily skin needs moisture). Since it's summer I tend to skip a moisturizer in the daytime, but if I have a dry patch or two I will use a tiny bit of this oil on those spots. In the winter I may use a drop in with my regular daytime moisturizer. If you have normal to dry skin you could use this morning and night in place of any moisturizer you're currently using.

This oil basically self-adjusts to your skin needs. Dry skin types will get a healthy drink of hydration and the essential fatty acids will help to repair skin. Oily skin types (like me) will help to balance out your natural oil production. Even sensitive skin types will get benefits from using this; your skin will be soothed and healed; it won't cause breakouts.

What makes this so great? This oil is hand pressed/cold-pressed so you know you're getting the most good-stuff. The good-stuff I'm talking about are essential fatty acids and Vitamin C - both of which are amazing for your skin. You'll experience intense hydration from the start, then over time you'll notice your skin appears brighter and your skintone appears better. This oil has been described as liquid gold, and so far I'm happy with it.

I would highly recommend to anyone because you can easily add this into any skincare routine and it benefits all skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)