July 28, 2011

Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Mercury: swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love Bobbi Brown's long-wear cream shadows! I wish I had more because they're really pretty and are really long-lasting. I only have one metallic long-wear cream shadow, but I do have two of her regular long-wear cream shadows (which I will make a separate post about in the future, although I already posted about the Velvet Plum shade back in March).

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...


Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow
Shade: Mercury
Shade Description: A sparkling metallic smokey silver gray.



 






Basic stats for Bobbi Brown's Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow:
Formula: cream
Coverage: buildable
Wear: long-wearing
Shade Range: 12 shades available on Bobbi Brown's website
Container: square clear glass jar; circle opening; circle twist-off lid
Cost: $22 for 0.12 oz full size
Availability: buy on Bobbi Brown's website and high end beauty retailers
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
A beautiful cream shadow formula that will last all day and stay crease-proof all day.

Coverage:
You can build the coverage on these shadows very easily, and depending on your application method you can get sheer to medium coverage from the start. If you build up the intensity just allow 30 seconds between thin layers.

Wear:
They have "long-wear" in the name for a reason; they last!! I don't even need to use a primer with these and they'll be on until I take them off. I've even worn these to the amusement park on a hot, sweaty, humid, day full of roller coasters and water rides; this shadow stayed in place.

Shade Range:
There are 12 metallic shades available on Bobbi Brown's website (she also makes her regular long-wear cream shadows). Out of the metallic shades there are a few more I have on my wish list, which include: Black Pearl, Chrome Patina, and Starry Purple. The shade I have, Mercury, is absolutely beautiful. A perfect sparkly smokey silver gray; and I say smokey because on the eyes it can look slightly smokey in a good way.

Container:
A square bottom clear jar with a round opening; twist-off round lid.

Cost/Availability:
Each metallic cream shadow will cost $22, which is pricey but well worth it. You can buy these directly from Bobbi Brown's website and many other high end beauty retailers.

Review:
I am in love with gray shades for my eyes. If I can only afford to pick out one shade it's usually a gray. I already owned Bobbi Brown's regular long-wear cream shadows but wanted to try a metallic version, especially the Mercury shade (I had my eye on it for awhile).

Just like with her regular long-wear cream shadows, the metallic long-wear cream shadow is very long lasting, goes on easily and is buildable. They are sheerer than the regular versions, but I like that. I love the sparkle these provide; very pretty and fun!

I would recommend these to anyone looking for a beautiful, fun, sparkly eye that is long lasting.

Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this cream shadow? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this something you'd want to own?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Bobbi Browns long wear cream shadows! especially the metallic ones. I have a few of them myself and they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)