May 22, 2011

Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams

Hello, Beautiful!

This is the Week of Make Up For Ever! All this week I'll bring you swatches and reviews of products from one of my favorite beauty brands Make Up For Ever! I may have another post here or there not related to Make Up For Ever (like I Wear Pink On Wednesdays post), but the majority will be Make Up For Ever. I hope you enjoy this week!

Kicking off my Week of Make Up For Ever I decided to start with one of my absolute favorite products: Aqua Creams!!

I don't know why I waited so long to try these beauties out; they're perfect! They're available on Sephora's website in 21 shades for eyes, lips and cheeks.
  • Shades #5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are formulated for the Lips & Cheeks.
  • Shades #1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, and 22 are formulated for the Eyes & Cheeks.

Onto swatches...




Now onto detailed swatches of each shade shown above...


Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream: Shade 2 - Steel
Shade Description: A silver gray shimmer.



** In each of the two photos below: applied as normal (right) and applied lightly (left). **




Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream: Shade 3 - Silver
Shade Description: A true silver shimmer.



** In each of the two photos below: applied as normal (right) and applied lightly (left). **




Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream: Shade 13 - Warm Beige
Shade Description: A champagne shimmer.



** In each of the two photos below: applied as normal (right) and applied lightly (left). **



Basic stats for Make Up For Ever's Aqua Creams:
Formula: cream
Coverage: highly pigmented, but controllable and buildable.
Wear: all-day wear; waterproof!
Shade Range: 21 shades for eyes, lips and cheeks on Sephora.com
Container Type: plastic jar with twist off cap.
Cost: $22 for 0.21 oz size
Availability: Found at Sephora and Sephora.com
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
These creams apply smooth and easily; blending easily until set. Once set, they don't budge!

Coverage:
They are highly pigmented, so if you're going for a sheer wash of color you would need to use a tiny amount and really blend it out. Otherwise, you're going to get perfect color in one swipe. You can layer these for more intense color, although it's not really necessary. If you want to layer them allow them to set/dry for about 30 to 60 seconds, then add a second layer on top.

Wear:
Because they're waterproof they're going to last you all day. An eyeshadow primer is not necessary, but you can use one ahead of time for even more insurance. I've used these with and without a shadow primer and I did notice a better wear with a shadow primer, but either way my eyes lasted all day!

Shade Range:
21 shades sound like a lot but I really do wish they had more shades to choose from. There are six shades just for lips, leaving 15 shades for eyes and cheeks. There are great core shades, like shades 2, 13, 15 and 16. As well as bright shades, like shades 10, 20, 21, 22. More shades would be great, but as they are now there is a shade that everyone could wear and love.

Container:
These jars are great because it's easy to access the product, they're easy to store and they hold a lot of product!

Cost:
Yes, $22 is a bit expensive but for what you get - waterproof, long wearing color - and for how much product you receive, it's worth it. An investment item; everyone should have at least one of these shades in their makeup wardrobe!



Why do I love these?
First of all, they're waterproof. That was the reason I had to try them because I wanted eye color to last all day at the amusement park. I usually don't have any problems with my eye color going away because I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but shadow primer doesn't make my shadows waterproof. I wanted waterproof, something truly long lasting.

The amount of product you receive will last a long time because you don't need to use a lot of product to get great color payoff. They blend out easily and once they dry, they're not going anywhere!

They are pricey; $22 each. I think that may have been the reason I waited so long to purchase these, but now that I own them I don't think $22 is too much at all. They're well worth it.

I use shade 2 the most; it's the perfect gray shimmer that I can put on and make my eyes looks beautiful with just one color. Shade 13 is really pretty shimmery neutral shade. I don't wear it all too often because I tend to play up my eyes on most days, but I do reach for shade 13 more often than not whenever I do want a neutral eye.

Shade 3, a silver, I don't use all that much. I received it in a Make Up For Ever kit and it was the first Aqua Cream I owned. I do think it is a pretty shade, and makes a great base to other shades, but I don't wear it often. If you do like silvers you will love shade 3!

I haven't tried any shades for the lips, but I do plan to in the near future. I want to see if they will truly last, but I can assume they will based on how well they work for the eyes.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)