May 25, 2011

Make Up For Ever HD Powder

Hello, Beautiful!

Another post in the Week of Make Up For Ever! This time around I'm bringing you swatches and reviews of one of their most popular products; their HD Powder.

Make Up For Ever's HD Powder is a translucent finishing/setting powder. They say you can wear this powder alone, but I don't see why anyone would want to. Instead, you should set your foundations with this powder.

Onto swatches...







Make Up For Ever's HD Powder
Shade Description: A white powder which goes on translucent.






Basic stats for Make Up For Ever's HD Powder:
Formula: powder
Coverage: translucent
Wear: long wearing
Shade Range: no shades; just one translucent shade that works on everyone
Container Type: plastic jar with twist off cap; sifter inside for less mess
Cost: $30 for 0.35 oz size
Availability: Found only at Sephora and Sephora.com
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses!

Formula:
This is a 100% mineral silica powder. Free of talc so it won't dry out your skin.

Coverage:
This powder goes on translucent and gives your semi-matte to matte finish (depending on the way you use this and how much you use).

Wear:
Setting powders are supposed to make your makeup last long, so I would hope that all setting powders are long-wearing. This will last through a full work day and prolong your makeup wear.

Container:
The jar container with sifter makes it less messy than not having a sifter. I kind of prefer no sifter though, so at some point I may remove the sifter in my jar, but for now I'll leave it there.

Cost:
There are many setting powders out there, so why pay $30 for one that you can get for $3? It comes down to the way it looks, feels and wears. Not all translucent powders are truly translucent; some may make your face look white - if not in person, in photos for sure! Others may contain talc and point out all dry spots on your face. Others just don't perform well. There's a reason it's so popular; it works and it works damn well.



My thoughts:
For me, a setting powder is almost a required step. If you have oily skin you shouldn't skip setting your makeup. It will help control oil and make your makeup last longer. There are many ways to apply setting powder - from lightly brushing it over your face to patting it on with a puff.


I own a few setting powders, but for everyday use I turn to this setting powder. For days I need longer coverage I will use my Dermablend setting powder, only because it does make my makeup last forever! But it can make me look pale, which is why I love Make Up For Ever's HD Powder! I have a setting powder by Mally Beauty too, which I like because it's tinted and really silky.


It all comes down to preference and 8 times out of 10 I'll use Make Up For Ever's version.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)