May 26, 2011

Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer

Hello, Beautiful!

The Week Of Make Up For Ever continues with one of my favorite concealers: their Full Cover Concealer!

This concealer is really great for two reasons: it will cover your flaws and it will stay for a long time because it's waterproof!

TIP: Be careful when selecting your shade; this concealer tends to darken as it dries! I suggest picking a shade that is one to two shades lighter than your skintone to avoid having concealer that's darker than your skintone! It doesn't darken dramatically, but it will a little - which is why the shades below look so light, but they will adjust better to my skintone after I apply them. I ended up with three different shades because I didn't realize it darkens, but I did realize it looked way different in the store than it did when I got it home. I just mix the shades I have to create whatever tone I need at that time of year. I think I use shade 6 the most.

Onto swatches...






Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
Shade: 4 - Flesh




Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
Shade: 6 - Ivory





Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
Shade: 8 - Beige





Before & After Examples:
  • First example is covering a curling iron burn scar (on my hand)
  • Second example is covering part of a tattoo. It's only shown using one coat; I could build it up for more coverage.
  • The third example is just shown over my hand.


Basic stats for Make Up For Ever's Full Cover Concealer:
Formula: a dense liquid
Coverage: medium to full
Wear: long-wearing; waterproof
Shade Range: 12 shades on Sephora.com
Container Type: squeeze tube; twist-off cap
Cost: $30 for 0.5 oz size
Availability: Found only at Sephora and Sephora.com
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This is a dense (thick) liquid concealer. Oil-free and waterproof. Long-lasting and a natural matte finish.

Coverage:
Medium to full coverage depending on how you apply it. Buildable so you can layer over the really trouble areas. If you have problem skin (like I do with my adult acne) you can blend Full Cover Concealer with their other foundations - Face & Body or Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation - for even better coverage!

Wear:
Long-wearing with it's waterproof formula. Set with a setting powder to make it last even longer!

Shade Range:
12 shades, which is pretty good for a concealer! Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, beware when selecting a shade for you. They tend to dry darker so choose a shade that looks a little lighter than you'd normally go for. The best thing to do is to try them out and exchange them if you need to.

Container:
A squeeze tube with twist-off cap.

Cost:
This is a pricey concealer at $30 for a tube. But the tube is large and you only need a small amount to get great coverage. One tube will last you a very long time! The $30 is a great investment if you're looking for an amazing concealer!


4 comments:

  1. I'm do not have a sephora near me do I have to order this online, I am an NW20 in Mac Studio Sculp, my perfect shade, which MUFE shade would you recommend for me? Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous: Yes, order online and you can always return it through the mail too if the shade doesn't work for you. I'm not exactly sure what shade to suggest, as I'm NC30 in MAC, but if you call Sephora they will be able to recommend a great shade match. But if I were to guess, I'd say #4 or #5 would be a good match for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you are nc 30 in mach which concealer do you use on your face? i am also nc30 and I am trying to cover up acne

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Noelle Lee: I'd recommend shade 6, 7 or 8. I used shade 6 the most.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)