April 19, 2011

NOTD: Fun Colors Leopard Print

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently received my MASH stamping plates in the mail and couldn't wait to try them out. I'll do a separate review on the MASH stamping plates, but let me just say for only $10 (for 25 plates) they are the best quality "cheapies" around. They're sold out on Amazon, but check back often and snatch them up the second they come back in stock. You won't be disappointed!

Anyhow, onto today's NOTD (Nail Of The Day)...


The first image I wanted to use was the leopard print. It's not hard to make leopard print by hand, but it's far easier to stamp it on. I didn't want to do a traditional leopard print palette of browns, blacks, and golds; instead I wanted something sweet and bright... something that reminded me of Easter. This is what I came up with:





What I Used:
  • MASH Stamping Plate m57
  • Stamper (a generic one I received with other generic stamping plates)
  • An old credit card (to scrape the polish off the stamping plate)
  • Essie - Ridge Filler Base Coat
  • Essie - Mint Candy Apple (base color)
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Night Flight (my stamping color; the leopard print)
  • China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy (pink dots)
  • Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

What I Did:
  1. After prepping my nails (removing old polish, buffing, cleaning, cuticle care, etc.), I applied one coat of Essie's Ridge Filler Base Coat.
  2. Once my base coat was dry I applied two thin coats of Essie's Mint Candy Apple, followed by one coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to speed up the process.
  3. I waited about 3 to 5 minutes, then began to stamp.
  4. I applied my polish to the image design (leopard print), scraped it with an old credit card, and transferred it onto the stamper.
  5. Then I rolled the design from the stamper onto my nail.
  6. After I stamped all nails with the leopard print design I went back with a dotting tool (although you could have used a small paint brush) and added pink dots in random spots.
  7. Then I applied one coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to make sure everything was dry and glossy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)