March 9, 2011

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Velvet Plum: Swatches & Review

Hello, Beautiful!

I picked up Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Cream Shadow in a mini-set from QVC - which included her gel eyeliner in black (which I LOVE), her Party Mascara in black (mini sized), and a duo-ended mini brush (I think it was around $36/$38 for everything). You can pick up that set on QVC's website for $39.12, or the same set in different colors on QVC's website
for $43.00. The value of the set is decent, but not amazing. The cream shadow sells alone for $22 and the gel eyeliner sells alone for $21, so right there is basically the price of the kit - then you get a mini Party Mascara and a mini duo-ended brush (both of which you cannot buy on their own, at least not on QVC or in mini sizes). But even if you weren't saving anything at all (but you are), it would be worth it for just the cream shadow and gel eyeliner by themselves!

This is my first Bobbi Brown eyeshadow of any kind, and I have to say, I like it! It's really easy to work it; basically mistake proof color. It's long lasting too, even without an eyeshadow primer. I actually want more of her cream shadows; they may be my favorite cream shadows ever! I just like the way they apply, the way they look and the way they wear.

Although the color is called "Velvet Plum", I would say it's more of a brown, not a plum. It looks different in the jar and on my eyes than it did when I watched it on QVC (which is something many people complained of, so I'm pretty sure the color was slightly different on TV than what everyone actually received). Still, I like the color a lot. The swatch of the color is also a bit bolder than what it will go on with one coat. It's not as BAM!, in your face dark brown (although it can be if you layer it). I do like it the way it looks on me; it's an amped up neutral that goes well with my medium skintone and brown eyes.

Do you like Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Cream Shadows?

* click on an image to view it larger *

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Velvet Plum
Shade Description: A shimmery brown with mauve and golden undertones.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)