February 14, 2011

February Birchbox!

Hello, Beautiful!

This month's Birchbox shipment is more my style (compared to January's shipment).

*** Before I continue, if you don't know what Birchbox is then you really should check out their website. You pay $10 a month (or you can sign up for a year and get a slight discount). Each month you're sent between 4 and 6 deluxe samples of various products from various brands. You do not receive any full sized products, but you can buy the full sized versions from Birchbox (you earn points for doing so).

*** And by the way, ValentineKisses.com offers a similar program - Treasure Box Kisses - which is $14.95 a month (including shipping) and you receive all full sized products. Our Treasure Box Kisses shipments go on sale around the 1st of each new month and remain on sale through the 10th of the month. They're available only during that time and only a certain number are available each month. March's shipment is just around the corner!

Okay, back to February's Birchbox shipment...

For February 2011, Birchbox says this month is the "Indulgence" month. That seems pretty appropriate for February, as I think everyone should indulgence this month - especially indulge in love.

* click on photos to view them larger *

Here is what February's box looks like:



The included info card:


Now I'll break it down, product by product...

Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara
Sample Size: 0.16 fl oz / 5 ml
Full Size: 0.33 fl oz @ $18
Sample Size Value: $8.74


NARS Orgasm Illuminator
Sample Size: 0.29 oz / 8 ml
Full Size: 1.1 fl oz @ $29
Sample Size Value: $7.65


Befine Exfoliating Brown Sugar Cleanser
Sample Size: 1.5 fl oz / 44ml
Full Size: 4 fl oz @ $25
Sample Size Value: $9.36

Pomega5 Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer
Sample Size: ? not listed, but I'd guess it's about 0.25 fl oz
Full Size: 1.7 fl oz @ $58
Sample Size Value: $8.53 (based on my guess of sample size)


Sweetriot Chocolate-Covered Cacoa Nibs
This is not a sample, but a bonus from Birchbox.
Retails for $3.25

Total Sample Size Value of Februay 2011 Birchbox shipment: $37.53!

A great value (more than January's shipment), considering you only pay $10!

Based on the items I received, which ones will I actually use? Probably all - minus the
candy (it has espresso and I'm not a coffee person, but who knows, maybe I'll try one).
 
I was really excited to see a NARS product. I love NARS! Although I do already own the Orgasm Illuminator (I just haven't used it yet, and now that I have a mini I may sell my full sized Orgasm Illuminator).
 
Everything else looks great and I can't wait to try them all out and swatch them!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)