February 6, 2011

Butter London: Swatches & Review (4 shades)

Hello, Beautiful!

I'm finally getting around to posting my Butter London polish swatches. I've had these for a little while now (I picked them up for $5 each on Hautelook a few months back). I like Butter London polishes a lot - they go on smoothly and are available in a really great range of shades. Would I spend $14 a bottle on these (which is the regular price)? Well, probably not unless it was a really unique shade or a shade I really want. For example, Lady Muck, Victoriana, and Henley Regatta are three shades I'd really love to own and I'd gladly pay full price for those. But I'm a little too cheap to pay $14 per bottle for just any shade.

Onto the swatches...
* click on an image to view it larger *
 
Chuffed (this bottle is labeled as a "jelly")
Shade Description: A sheer coral pink jelly with micro glitter.
 
 
Minger
Shade Description: A burnt orange creme (one of my favorite oranges).
 
 
Pearly Queen
Shade Description: A smoky pearl with subtle shimmer.
 
 
Primrose Hill Picnic
Shade Description: A bright, tropical pink creme.
 
*As always: All swatches are shown with 2 coats. Only one photo shows the polish with a top coat (the last photo), as I feel top coats make all shades look better; some top coats even save a horrible shade and transform it into something beautiful. I want to show the colors for what they are and what they could be when you apply a top coat. *
 

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)