February 23, 2011

Benefit's Stay Put Set (Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner, Erase Paste, Stay Don't Stray)

Hello, Beautiful!

It's pretty rare that $10 can get you far with better brand beauty products; however Sephora.com has a great Benefit minis set for just $10 that will give you three of their "Stay Put" products in mini sizes (which will still last you awhile). Click here to check out the set on Sephora's website.

The kit contains the following three products:
  • Erase Paste in Medium (0.11 oz)
  • Stay Don't Stray (0.09 oz)
  • Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P. (0.11 oz)

Sephora's website says the value is $35, but I come up with the value being $38.76. Either way, a great deal for only paying $10!
  • Erase Paste - $19.12 value (full size is 0.15 oz @ $26)
  • Stay Don't Stray - $6.54 value (full size is 0.33 oz @ $24)
  • Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - $13.10 value (full size is 0.16 oz @ $19)

Let me break it down, product by product...

Erase Paste
This is a cream concealer. It's supposed to be a brightening concealer that makes signs of stress and fatigue disappear. The full size is only available in three shades, so it's probably best they chose the middle shade for this kit. However, that is the downside. If you're fair or deep then the Erase Paste is pretty much useless, or if you're a medium shade with olive or golden undertones (like me) it may be useless too.

(the swatches below were taken over the summer when I had a tan)

I actually really liked this concealer, I just wish the undertones were different. I know it's supposed to be brightening with "melon undertones", but I question what melon they're talking about. To me, this concealer has pink undertones in it - so the only melon that comes to mind is watermelon. But what other melon could they be talking about? Honeydew melon (which is green)? I even went as far as looking up different melons, but all the colors I could come up with ranged from green and orange to pink and red. All of which I don't think would work well with my undertone (which is olive). It didn't just brighten and blend into my skin. Instead it stood out, looking like pink spots on my face wherever I tried to use it. So this sadly did not work for me. But if I ignore the shade I can honestly say this is a great concealer.

The name is misleading/confusing a bit. The word "paste" makes me think this product is stiff and difficult to work with, but this is actually a nice creamy concealer. It blends out easily, non-drying, and provides great coverage. I just wish they expanded their shade choices a little.


Stay Don't Stray
This a primer for your eyelids and under your eye to prime for your concealer. It's supposed to prevent your concealer from creasing and make your shadows go on vibrant and stay on longer without creasing. I've tried it and I like it, but I don't love it. Then again, I'm just so head-over-heels in love with Too Faced Shadow Insurance that I rarely reach for anything else when priming my eyes. A great option if you want one product to not only prime your eyelids, but also under eyes for your concealer!

(the swatches below were taken over the summer when I had a tan)



Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P
I really, really like this cream shadow! It's one of those "mistake proof" cream shadows. Really easy to work with, and the R.S.V.P. shade is beautiful (a sparkling champagne - although it looks pink in the jar).

(the swatches below were taken over the summer when I had a tan) 

 This particular shade wouldn't work as a liner, but this product (in another shade) can be used as a liner as well. You can also build the color up if you want (just put one layer on, let it set for 30 seconds, then apply a second layer). It wears long too, which I love. It's great to wear alone or top it with another shadow (For Halloween I used this while it was still creamy to put glitter on top, which bonded the glitter to my lid once the shadow set).



Overall, this set was a great value and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to try out these three products from Benefit.

Do you own this set or any of these products by themselves? If so, tell me your thoughts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)