December 6, 2010

$9 Nail Polish Remover... Is It Really Worth It?

Hello, Beautiful!

In my recent Sephora haul I decided to finally try out the Sephora by OPI Nail Colour Remover. At $9 for 4 ounces (and $5 for 2 ounces) I always thought to myself "um, yeah right... I'd NEVER pay that much for nail polish remover". So why did I end up buying it? Well I read a lot of great reviews on how amazing this remover was --- very effective, even on glitter polishes. I use a lot of glitter polishes, and the removal process can be annoying and lengthy (depending on the number of coats).



Well to answer the title of this post ($9 Nail Polish Remover... Is It Really Worth It?): YES, it is totally, 100%, without a doubt, worth it!

This removed my polish in a flash. The first test of this was used on several coats/colors. I had a base coat, two coats of white, and then black, pink, blue, yellow and purple dots on my nails (nail art, using a dotting tool) in mod flower pattern, and two coats of top coat. With one swipe the polish was gone... all of it! I then did base coat, two coats of glitter polish and one coat of top coat and tried the remover out again. It removed it effortlessly with such a small amount. You really do not need to use a lot.

Plus, my nails weren't dry or peeling after using remover... which typically happens. My nails just looked and felt normal.

I'm officially impressed! I still think $9 is too much to spend on nail polish remover, so maybe I won't use this all the time, but I will definitely repurchase this product.

The only con (beside the price point) is the type of bottle it comes in. It only has a small opening at the top which you drip/squeeze out the remover onto a cotton ball/pad/paper towel. I generally like to put polish remover in a nail soaker bowl thing and then I funnel the leftover remover back into the bottle so I don't waste a drop. I can't do that with this polish, but then again, I also don't need to soak my nails since this will remove the polish in one swipe. So maybe it's not really a con at all and just a change of habit I need to get used to.

What do you think? Have you tried this out? Will you?

You can purchase this polish remover at Sephora & Sephora's website.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)