October 11, 2010

Review: Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently decided it was time to try a new brand of foundation, and I was in a funk for awhile not knowing which brand or formula to choose. Then I watched QVC one night (I swear, I'm addicted to QVC) and Bobbi Brown was on. I don't think this foundation was on air, if it was I missed it, but I found it online for $45. Since it was on easy pay (I believe it was three easy payments) I didn't even hesitate to purchase this. It was mine! :)


Selecting a shade online wasn't the easiest. QVC didn't have the best shade descriptions (although still helpful - you just need to click on the "shade finder" tab). So naturally I Google searched for swatch photos but didn't come up with very many for this particular foundation. In the end I decided on Warm Beige 3.5 - which just happens to be a perfect match for me! I was really happy that it matched my skintone because I really wasn't looking forward to making any returns.

I received this foundation today and I couldn't wait to put it on. This is my first Bobbi Brown foundation and I have to say, I'm very impressed! First of all, it glides on so easily and blends like a dream. It gives you a natural luminous finish, almost dewy.


In the photo below I spread the foundation around on my hand. You can kind of see the luminous finish it gives you (the shade looks a little pale in that photo, but my hand is darker than my face).


It gives you medium coverage, but I layered it in areas I needed a little more. It didn't cake when I layered it, which is very important to me, and it worked well with my concealer. I set it with my Mally Poreless Perfection Skin Finisher.

I put this foundation on around 1pm EST and it's now over 7 hours later. It still looks fresh and pretty - nothing moved around, nothing faded away. It's a tad bit shiny, but considering everything I had to do today I'm surprised it stayed on at all, so the shine really doesn't bother me. The photo below was taken around the 7 and a half hour mark of wearing this foundation.

[Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette using shades Virgin, Sin and Sidecar. Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero. Mascara: Mally Volumizing Mascara. Brows: Smashbox Brow Tech To-Go in Brunette. Lips: nothing on them at the moment, and no blush either.]

This foundation is supposed to be for normal to dry to very dry skin - but I have combo skin and it works just fine (and most products can slip around my face). I'd highly recommend this foundation to anyone! This is such a pretty foundation; the swatch photos really do not do it justice!

Have you tried this foundation? If so, what are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)